women vs. UGA

WarTiger

late getting this started, but Auburn really playing well vs. No. 9 UGA. Tigers currently lead by 5 33-28, and has led by as many as 11 in the first half. Tigers getting great shots and taking great shots so far in the first half. Carrier has 3 blocks in the first half, 6 points, and 4 rebounds.

Tigers at the FT line...makes both...35-28 tigers

1:13 to play and the TIGERS have this one in the books. Great game today from the lady tigers. Auburn leads 64-51 over #9 UGA.

We played better than I thought we could. Certainly, better than we've played all year. Love to watch Andy Landers when his female dawgs are trailing late in the game. The guy has some facial expressions that are beyond description.

KeKe, bless your heart, we're a better team when you are on the court. Sure do wish you could go for more than 20 minutes per game without running out of gas.

Congrats, players and coaches, it was a fine win over a tough team!

We played better than I thought we could. Certainly, better than we've played all year. Love to watch Andy Landers when his female dawgs are trailing late in the game. The guy has some facial expressions that are beyond description.

KeKe, bless your heart, we're a better team when you are on the court. Sure do wish you could go for more than 20 minutes per game without running out of gas.

Congrats, players and coaches, it was a fine win over a tough team!

KEKE worked her butt off during the offseason to condition herself to play more minutes. She lost some weight and is a real force inside. She's got a nagging hamstring injury though that has slowed her a little bit. IF she had been this conditioned (and disciplined) as a player last year, we may have very well made a HUGE run for the NC. UGA had nothing to stop her today. Alverson is going to to a great player for us too. She is tall to help inside, but has a really great looking shot, and dropped at least one 3 today. Good shooter and good range. This team will be quite good the next 2-3 years. One more year with Alli Smalley and she can sure light it up too. Next year we get Courtney Strain in here too, and talk about a shooter. She could come in and play significant minutes next year.

Next year we get Courtney Strain in here too, and talk about a shooter. She could come in and play significant minutes next year.

I sincerely hope you are right about that. A number of years ago we brought in a player that physically was very similar to Courtney Strain. Her name escapes me now,(Gillespe, maybe?) but she was from a small school near Tallahassee and averaged over 33 points per game in HS. Sad to say, she made a few baskets her freshman year and transferred out. The physical pounding was just too much.

Moral of the story: It's a mighty long way from 2A Woodland to the SEC. Nobody would be more pleased than I if Courtney Strain makes it big at Auburn, but I'm in "hope for the best" mode.

It's great, to beat, the Georgia Bulldogs, I said it's great, to beat, the GEEORGIA BULLDOGS! :cheer:

Great team win for our ladies.

Archived