AU and the 2010 MLB Draft

Congratulations to the following AU players who were selected in the 2010 MLB Draft!

2776763.jpeg

Trent Mummey, CF

118. Baltimore Orioles

4395877.jpeg

Hunter Morris, 1B

129. Milwaukee Brewers

4499083.jpeg

Cole Nelson, LHP

313. Detroit Tigers

4607156.jpeg

Grant Dayton, LHP

347. Florida Marlins

4352419.jpeg

Austin Hubbard, RHP

431. Tampa Bay Rays

943451.jpeg

Ryan Jenkins, C

509. Kansas City Royals

4433853.jpeg

Brian Fletcher, LF

539. Kansas City Royals

2832888.jpeg

Kevin Patterson, DH

701. Tampa Bay Rays

2994756.jpeg

Bradley Hendrix, RHP

907. Cincinnati Reds

4947916.jpeg

Justin Fradejas, OF

1,070. Colorado Rockies

Stephen Kohlscheen, RHP

1,362. Seattle Mariners

2010-2011 Signees

Andrew Morris, RHP

489. Milwaukee Brewers

Zachary Alvord, IF

554. Atlanta Braves

Brandon Allen, RHP

558. San Francisco Giants

Jay Gonzalez, OF

833. Boston Red Sox

Bryce Lane, OF

1,233. Houston Astros

Link

Congrats to all.

With the exception of Hubbard and Jenkins who are Seniors. Anybody have any insight on if any of the other drafted players might return next year.

If this years team could return intact for next year, I believe AU could be really good. Especially if the pitching can improve just a little.

I would be very surprised if Mummey or Morris came back, the money will be there for those two.

The others, it's hard to say. They are low enough that it might not make much difference to them.

I'm relieved that none of our signees were picked higher. They should all show up for school. It's a funny situation when you have to hope the pros think the players you signed aren't all that good.

I would be very surprised if Mummey or Morris came back, the money will be there for those two.

The others, it's hard to say. They are low enough that it might not make much difference to them.

I'm relieved that none of our signees were picked higher. They should all show up for school. It's a funny situation when you have to hope the pros think the players you signed aren't all that good.

It's going to be interesting to see what Dayton and Nelson do. But if we can get most of these guys back, coupled with our signing class I think we can field a pretty darn good team next year.

With 11 total players drafted, Auburn ties an SEC record for players drafted in a single season and ties UCLA for most players drafted this year.

Impressive.

With 11 total players drafted, Auburn ties an SEC record for players drafted in a single season and ties UCLA for most players drafted this year.

Impressive.

Coach Tom Slater could flat-out recruit. Our classes, if memory serves, were all highly ranked while he was here. He simply couldn't transfer all that talent into a winning team on the field.

Archived