Draw Against England

Boonan

U.S. was probably fortunate to get out with a draw...Dempsey's goal was beyond soft.

OT/penalty kicks will come at the round of 16 after group play...kind of like the NFL allows ties during the regular season.

I would like to see them add, say, 20:00 of OT during group play if it's still tied. I've never had any philosophical issues with games ending in ties, though, and lots of people do.

If Alg vs SVN draw 0-0 the US team has a good very good chance of going through to the next round.

U.S. was probably fortunate to get out with a draw...Dempsey's goal was beyond soft.

OT/penalty kicks will come at the round of 16 after group play...kind of like the NFL allows ties during the regular season.

I would like to see them add, say, 20:00 of OT during group play if it's still tied. I've never had any philosophical issues with games ending in ties, though, and lots of people do.

Dempsey's goal was soft, but England was VERY fortunate that the one shot went off the post...another couple inches over and the score is 2-1.

IMO, the rules should be strictly enforced. There is way too much holding and pushing for it to truly be called a sport. France is as crooked as it gets. Their only rule is to get away with as much cheating as possible. Without calling penalties that should be called, the sport is a joke.

IMO, the rules should be strictly enforced. There is way too much holding and pushing for it to truly be called a sport. France is as crooked as it gets. Their only rule is to get away with as much cheating as possible. Without calling penalties that should be called, the sport is a joke.

Hundreds of millions disagree with you. Strongly.

That would destroy the flow of the game cause all you would have is whistles.

Interesting that you would complain about that as most Americans complain about it lacking physically.

Besides the holding gets controlled, refs usually control that by allowing the held player to throw elbows. Just like ankle/knee clipping is is controlled with a shot to the stomach or little lower or digging you back cleats into the opposing players plant foot.

I hate the rate at which they started giving cards a couple cups ago. Remember back when it was very difficult to get a card, especially a red.

France isn't even close to crooked lol. Mexico and Argentina usually top my list, and the Italians for their diving. Now I do wish they would crack the diving more.

Growing up playing A division in Texas... faced tons of Mexican teams. Keep your head on a swivel and always deliver the first shot to let them know you will bench them if necessary lol.

And Boonan I've always found most football based sports boards really hate soccer lol.

A draw? No sudden death or Penalty shoot-out. Come on.

First round is all about earning points. Get as many points as you can and have a positive goal differential.

The next round of 16 its win or go home.

Another sister-kisser today against Slovenia...it should have been a win, but a phantom call wipes out a late go-ahead goal. I wish FIFA would make the referees explain themselves in situations such as that, but they apparently like the controversy. Sounds like people who like the BCS, but I digress.

It was a heck of a rally to come from 2-0 down to tie, though...I just wish we'd start matches with some urgency.

Beat Algeria and advance...it's that simple. No more ties, please, even though we could conceivably advance with a 0-0-3 record.

Archived