Would Ole Miss have won a game this year.......

aucorner

I think so. Had they committed to Stanley I really think that would have been a team much like Tennessee. Instead, they threw a year away by giving Masoli the green light to do whatever he wanted on the field.

Stanley would have been rough at first, but it would have laid a foundation, and he likely wouldnt have committed the kind of drive killing plays (turnovers, sacks) that plagued Masoli.

They changed the O to fit him I think they lost 2 years because of it. I think if they would have stuck with Stanley they would have been much better.

Yes, but not an SEC game. They beat UK because the Cats turned the ball over 3 times and Masoli hit 3 TD passes. I don't buy that happening with Stanley. That's the only conference win they got. Playing Stanley would've made the offense worse this year. Might have been a better move for next year, but this year, it would've been worse.

My guess: they beat La-Lafayette and Fresno but drop UK. Tulane is up in the air (Masoli went off for 300+ yards in a two possession game).

They lost to Jax State with Stanley at the helm if that answers your question. I definitely think Masoli was a step up.

They lost to Jax State with Stanley at the helm if that answers your question. I definitely think Masoli was a step up.

Stanley wasn't the reason they lost. I stand by everything I said.

Stanley wasn't the reason they lost. I stand by everything I said.

They changed the offense for Masoli. I stand by my comments

Box Score for Jacksonville State Game, LOL

CP/AT YDS TD INT

Stanley 6/10 133 3 0

Masoli 7/10 109 0 1

I agree they would have been a better team without Masoli. He was hung up till the last day and then Nutt tried to tweak the offense to fit his talents. I think he probably caused issues with the rest of the team. Nutt would have been better off to have gone with what he had. He has always been a pretty good coach and their talent is not that bad.

Archived