Worst song of all-time

SLAG-91

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost Anything by Abba should be on the list.

this cuts deep, david....next you'll probably be taking pot shots at air supply.

<_<

ct

"I'm all out of love, I cant live without you...."

Yes Ct, Abba, Barely Manenough (Mandy), and Air Supply are all definitely "over-rated." :lol:

I will tell you that I do own Carpenters and Captain and Tenille album or two tho.

What was that? I'm sorry, I didn't hear you...speak up. Did you say CARPENTERS AND CAPTAIN AND TENILLE??? :D:D

Did you know that on her last album, Karen Carpenter had her picture on the SIDE of the album cover? Sorry...very tasteless.

"you light up my life" by debbie boone.

All that toby keith song did was make every intelligent, educated person in this country sound like an ignorant, bigotted, toothless jackass. It does belong on the list.

:angry::angry::angry: How so? Call me a bigot then I guess. BTW, might as well call the thousands and thousands of US soldiers that played the song over and over to pump themselves up bigots also.

Saw 3 Doors Down a couple of weeks ago and when they played "Love Me When I'm Gone" not a dry eye in the place. USA...USA...USA.

I was there with you AUE, in Dothan I'm guessing.......

Oh, I almost forgot:

"Coming To America" and "Heartlight" - Neil Diamond

Hey Buddy, you leave Neil alone!

Neil Rules!

You are so right Stoic. Great show and great moment. It means even more to either those in service or with loved ones over there in the middle of it.

If Neil is singing "Cracklin' Rosie" or "Song Sung Blue", that's fine..."Heartlight" was a sappy piece of crap.

I mentioned Rod Stewart earlier...had some great songs, but puff stuff like "Passion", "Love Touch", "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" are just bad.

Oh, add "Funkytown" by Lipps, Inc. to the crap heap...can't believe I left that one out.

I can't believe this band has slipped my mind for so long, but is anyone familiar with Big Dumb Face? Wes Borland left Limp Bizkit and started his own band "Big Dumb Face." They (hopefully) meant this as a joke. They promoted this like crazy, it was a multi-national release. The first single was called "Duke Lion." In the video Borland is parading around in a diaper with one of the worst songs ever playing in the background. Anyone with a decent internet connection and access to Kazaa or LimeWire (or any other file sharing program) should give it a listen.

"Rocky, I've never had to die before"

"Beep Beep"

"Afternon Delight" Starland Vocal Band

"Poison Ivy"

"Fly Robin Fly" Something Lame Connection

"Disco Duck" Rick Dees

"Shaving Cream"

"Grandma got run over by a Reindeer"

"I wanna play for you Bear"

"Super Bowl Shuffle" Chicago Bears

"Purple People Eater"

"Chantilly Lace" Big Bopper

"Mr. Bo Jackson" Randy Campbell, sorry but it inhales too.

"Gorilla" and "I love the flower girl" Cowsills

more to come

A buddy and I were having Bombay Saphire matinis last night and this subject came up and wee agreed on Nick Gilder "Hot Child in the City" mid 70's.

Showing my age here.

The entire list:

Blender Magazine's list of the 50 Worst Songs Ever:

25. I'll Be Missing You ... Puff Daddy featuring Faith Evans and 112 ... 1997

36. Make Em Say Uhh! ... Master P featuring Silkk, Fiend, Mia-X and Mystikal ... 1998

These PPL have obiviously never been to New Orleans. If so they would've know that.....Uhhhhhhhh was very popular back in the day. This Song made No Limit Records and New Orleans Rap today.

and I sang I be missin you at my best friends funeral when he died a few months after this song came out. I still play it alot when I think about him.

A buddy and I were having Bombay Saphire matinis last night and this subject came up and wee agreed on Nick Gilder "Hot Child in the City" mid 70's.

Showing my age here.

WTH is a Bombay Saphire Martini? Real guys drink bbbeeeeeerrr.... :lol:

Just ask Sto! :yes:

:D Yea, you're right DKW, we did have beer chasers but we were feeling pretty too. He also has a link with some of the worst album covers of all times I hope can get here for all to see. WDE :au:

The entire list:

Blender Magazine's list of the 50 Worst Songs Ever:

25. I'll Be Missing You ... Puff Daddy featuring Faith Evans and 112 ... 1997

36. Make Em Say Uhh! ... Master P featuring Silkk, Fiend, Mia-X and Mystikal ... 1998

These PPL have obiviously never been to New Orleans. If so they would've know that.....Uhhhhhhhh was very popular back in the day. This Song made No Limit Records and New Orleans Rap today.

and I sang I be missin you at my best friends funeral when he died a few months after this song came out. I still play it alot when I think about him.

If you just went by the lyrics, master p's song would be a lot higher on that list than what it is.

http://display.lyrics.astraweb.com:2000/di...make_em_say_uhh

Nothing against you TL3, but this is a dumb song that has no meaning.

Blender is the same magazine that had the doors and blues traveler on thier top 50 worst bands of all time. I dont know how they come up with some of these list. Any worst song list without cheap tricks "want you to want me" has no credit. That song single handidly caused me to stop listening to the classic rock station here.

I will also fess up to ABBA being one of my guilty pleasures...I was little when they were popular (around 7 to 11 years old) and I liked the way "Take A Chance On Me" and "Dancing Queen" sounded. "Fernando" makes me laugh for some reason...maybe it's because I picture Ferdinand the Bull from the Disney cartoons.

I almost forgot to include the entire back catalog of Jethro Tull. I saw a Christmas album of theirs once. What's the hit single, "Bungle in the Manger"??????????? :P

Mega Ditto on that one too. I stopped listening to WTAK here in HSV/Decatur because of the never ending Tull. Nost over hyped mediocre band of all time, no exceptions.

Archived