This teams needs support

AUgrad00

Lets be honest I do not think its unreasonable to think this team may go winless in league play sadly.

That said lets still show support for this young me. I live in Huntsville but still plan on attending at least a game or two to support this team and Coach Barbee. They will get things turned around they just do not have any scorers right now. Its tough. Real tough.

But I hope the Auburn family gets behind Coach Barbee. He will get this thing turned around.

Living in NC, I watch every game that is on TV here. i really like Barbee. They have some transfers and a good class coming in next year. He is up to the task I think.

At the risk of sounding like the bad guy here, I'm not sold one bit on Barbee. He could prove me wrong, but I don't see his coaching as all that impressive. Yes, he's missing talent, but the mistakes the team makes are from sloppy, undisciplined play, not lack of talent. I have watched a few games, and they have been hard to watch. The decisions the team makes on the floor and the inability to run an offense speak more about the preparation than anything.

I love AU Basketball and being a student while the late 90's runs made them that much sweeter. The product that is on the floor this year is embarrassing at times. It really looks like a keystone cops routine. There have been moments where the guys have shown some basketball sense, but those moments have been far too rare.

2011-12 certainly look more promising, talent-wise, but you have to coach that talent to play the game and so far, that's not been evident.

9:04 left in the 2nd half and we've scored a whopping 1 point....1 point....1 point!!!! :blink:

I thought 6 in the 1st half against LSU was a low point. At this rate, I'm not sure where the low point is.

Archived