Jermaine Whitehead

RunInRed

A backup plan for Roberson? Would we take a commitment from Whitehead?

4-star DB Jermaine Whitehead just left Auburn. Said his recruitment is "open", will announce Wed. More at AuburnSports.com

@AuburnRivals

Some of the recruiting websites say Jermaine Whitehead is committed to Mississippi State. The cornerback from Greenwood, Miss., said Sunday things have changed.

"They're still in consideration, but I'm very open. I'm gathering all the information I have and I'll make the best decision," Whitehead said.

Whitehead visited Auburn over the weekend and said the trip was "very exciting." He's still considering Mississippi State, but Auburn and Ole Miss as well.

Whitehead also visited Auburn when the Tigers played Georgia last fall.

"It wasn't too different. Everything is still the same -- that's the great thing. I like stability. It's the only staff that has maintained in the country," Whitehead said.

Whitehead, a four-star defensive back according to Rivals and Scout, said he'll announce his decision at 1 p.m. Wednesday on National Signing Day.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/four-star_cornerback_jermaine.html

whitehead-300x242.jpg

Jermaine Whitehead, an athlete from Greenwood, Miss., has left the building. He was a Mississippi State commitment and has been that way for a while. However, he just said he’s “open” and no longer feels betrothed to the Bulldogs. Who are his finalists? He didn’t want to say because he somehow thought that would tip his hand. We know from past experience that Whitehead likes Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh and Auburn.

And how about his future position? He’s six feet tall and looks like a defensive back to me. Auburn coaches mentioned slot receiver, Wildcat quarterback and defensive back. He played a little bit of everything in 2010.

“They want me to come in and shut it down,” Whitehead said. “They weren’t spectacular on the back end too much. They want me to be that guy who comes in and locks everything down and make the next championship run easier.”

http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/2011/01/30/sunday-recruiting-were-live/

1052669.jpg

Jermaine Whitehead, CB

Greenwood, MS

6'0 / 183 / 4.5

Offers(10+): Arkansas, Auburn, Memphis, Mississippi, Mississippi State*, Notre Dame, Stanford, Southern Miss and Tennessee, among others.

Rankings:

Rivals: 4-star (5.8), No. 24 rated DB prospect, No. 8 in state of Mississippi

247Sports: 4-star (91)

Scout: 4-star, No. 24 rated DB prospect

Jermaine was clocked in the high 4.4s on more than one occasion, so he has the foot speed to be a very good corner. He has very good size and a nice frame to add the mass he will need to play on the college level. Whitehead has very good ball skills and he hits another gear once the ball is in the air. He might get beat from time to time underneath, but he takes pride in the fact that he can cover up the longer routes.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4594019

Wherever he ends up I think he will be a good solid player. he is one I wouldn't mind seeing at AU. But it is all down to numbers now. Is there room? Should they make room?

Jermaine Whitehead is an Auburn Tiger! I am so pumped to welcome such a fine young man to the Auburn Family. :cheer:

Archived