Shaquille Johnson

RunInRed

AU coach Tony Barbee's first commitment in the 2012 class...

1058497.jpg

Shaquille Johnson, PF

Milton (Alpharetta), GA

6'5 / 195

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1188374

@AuburnRivals

Auburn picked up a 2012 basketball commit last night, in F Shaquille Johnson from Atlanta. Johnson is a top Rivals 150 player for 2012.

Auburn's newest 2012 Bball commit Shaquille Johnson in a dunk contest. Kid can fly, 38 inch vertical.

@JHokanson

Milton High basketball player BREAKS THE RIM on Tomahawk dunk — game delayed 40 minutes

6:30 am July 23, 2010, by Michael Carvell

Milton High’s Shaquille Johnson, one of the most prolific dunkers in Georgia high school history, added to his legendary status in a Florida AAU tournament.

The 6-foot-4 wing caught a pass while running down the court, jumped from outside the circle in the lane and threw down a Tomahawk dunk (over a defender) so hard that he snapped the back of the basketball rim into two pieces.

The game was delayed for 40 minutes while officials hauled in a new portable goal.

Johnson, who is playing with the Southern Kings 16U Red this summer, finished with 17 points, 9 rebounds, and four assists in the win over a team from Oklahoma. The rising junior has transferred from Salem High to Milton.

Below is video of Shaquille Johnson. Go ahead and forward it to the 1:00 mark. I don’t know if Johnson can dribble, shoot or pass. But I know he can jump out of the building. After watching him this summer, I am beginning to think the only basketball players in this state who can elevate higher than Shaq are the Hawks’ Josh Smith and, well, Travis Leslie (UGA).

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-school-sports/2010/07/23/milton-high-basketball-player-breaks-the-rim-on-tomahawk-dunk-game-delayed-40-minutes/

As long as he can score and play D as well as he can jump then we'll be ok. That is if he sticks with his commitment. Let's hope for that more than anything.

Archived