NC State to hire Mark Gottfried

Auburnfan91

This seems like a good hire.

Alabama's Gottfried wins N.C. State's head coaching job

By Ken Tysiac

ktysiac@charotteobserver.com

Posted: Tuesday, Apr. 05, 2011

Mark Gottfried will be the next basketball coach at N.C. State.

Gottfried took two different programs — Alabama and Murray State — to the NCAA tournament in his 14-year career as a head coach.

There is a press conference scheduled for 5 p.m. today at Vaughn Towers at Carter-Finley Stadium.

Gottfried, 47, led the Crimson Tide to the NCAA tournament five times in 10 seasons, between 1998 and 2008, coming within a game of the Final Four in 2004.

He resigned in Jan. 2009, 19 games into his 11th season.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/05/2199856/alabamas-gottfried-wins-nc-states.html#

well, the bright spot is we won't have to listen to him and his lack of knowledge of the rules on the SEC Network anymore. He gets another chance to keep his pants zipped up too....

bad hire, he will be back working for ESPN in 4 years max. He wont be able to compete with Roy and Coach K and NC State fans are delusional and expect their program to be on the same level and UNC and Duke. This was a desperation hire for NC State after they failed to hire Shaka Smart and Rick Barnes.

I wonder if there is a morality clause though in his contract :roflol:

So the AD at NCST sat down and said, "Who can go toe to toe with Coach K, Roy Smith and Gary Williams, all national champion ship coaches...I KNOW! Mark Gotfired!". Horrible hire and if I was a Wolfpack alum/fan I wouldn't bother going to any of the games.

bad hire, he will be back working for ESPN in 4 years max. He wont be able to compete with Roy and Coach K and NC State fans are delusional and expect their program to be on the same level and UNC and Duke. This was a desperation hire for NC State after they failed to hire Shaka Smart and Rick Barnes.

I wonder if there is a morality clause though in his contract :roflol:

As a NC resident, I have to say you have hit the nail right on the head with this post.

Archived