Rep. Louise Slaughter says Republicans are ‘here to kill women’

Auburn85

http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/08/rep-louise-slaughter-says-republicans-are-here-to-kill-women/

New York Democratic Rep. Louise Slaughter told a crowd of pro-choice advocates on Wednesday that Republicans want to “kill women.”

Speaking at a rally in front of Congress, the congresswoman said, “This is probably one of the worst times that we’ve seen.”

The crowd was told that in 1994, the last time that a budget debate resulted in a government shutdown, the National Endowment for the Arts was targeted. Now, she said, women are.

“I went through this as co-chair of the Arts Caucus. In 1994, people were elected simply to come here to kill the National Endowment for the Arts, Slaughter said, “now they’re here to kill women.”

Slaughter added that the Republican proposal to strip Planned Parenthood of federal funding reminded her of the Nazi Party.

“You are allowed to have an abortion if you’ve been raped or its a matter of incest. However, you have to keep a receipt,” Slaughter said. “Did you know that? It’s sort of like an old German Nazi movement: show me your papers.”

Follow the link to see a video of her saying these things.

Republicans are fighting a culture war through the budget process. You can't blame democrats for fighting back.

The disappointing thing is that the Tea Party (I was an original supporter) are a bunch of retards who think they were elected to fight a culture war.

I'm still a Tea Party member, and we are not a bunch of retards. Don't know who you are to be calling me a retard but you would be wise to stop. Was Louise wearing a bulletproof vest? Then she did not believe herself. I CAN blame the democrats for not submitting or passing a budget. THAT is why we are here tonight.

I'm still a Tea Party member, and we are not a bunch of retards. Don't know who you are to be calling me a retard but you would be wise to stop. Was Louise wearing a bulletproof vest? Then she did not believe herself. I CAN blame the democrats for not submitting or passing a budget. THAT is why we are here tonight.

"special needs" "special needs" 'special needs" "special needs"

I'm speaking about the Tea Party members in congress, who are undeniable RETARDS if they think they were elected to shut down government over planned parenthood.

They are fighting CULTURE WARS while hiding behind fiscal discipline. It is a joke and an insult to REAL CONSERVATIVES.

I'll gladly take the fight the recently elected Tea party members are fighting. It is worth it. You are lucky to have escaped Planned Parenthood's long suction tube. The only people for abortion are those who have never had suffered one.

Republicans are fighting a culture war through the budget process. You can't blame democrats for fighting back.

The disappointing thing is that the Tea Party (I was an original supporter) are a bunch of retards who think they were elected to fight a culture war.

Culture war or not, the funding of abortions with tax payer $ does not fall under the proper function of gov't.

This stuff absolutely must be eliminated. It's going to be eliminated. You can fuss over time and place to have this fight, but when we're so far over budget and in debt, you're damn right the GOP is going to go after these sorts of expenditures. As well they should

The culture war is only between the two polarized sides of political elites and the average citizen is stuck in between the fight.

Democrats accuse Republicans of bringing social issues into the budget fight. But the Democrats are not? They stand for abortion. They stand for government funded radio. They stand for welfare. They stand for abusive unions. While they attack Republicans for listening to the fiscally conservative TEA pary, the Democrats pander to unions, homosexuals and minorities.

The budget fight is about social issues and the fact that all of them cannot be funded anymore.

Democrats accuse Republicans of bringing social issues into the budget fight.

These social issues make up a TINY fraction of the budget, and have nothing to do with social security, medicare, or defense. Cutting NPR, PP, PBS, etc. is effectively meaningless to the budget. When a congressmen prefers a government shutdown to funding planned parenthood, he doesn't give a DAMN about fiscal responsibility.

By trying to cut these programs, republicans have spent more than they have saved. They are doing the polar opposite of what they were elected to do, which is cut spending!

I understand that the democrats are bad. I really do. Tea party republicans promised spending cuts with no mention of social issues, but when they get into office they increase spending by arguing over social issues. They are LIARS and do not deserve my support.

At least when democrats increase spending, they ran on increasing spending...

Democrats accuse Republicans of bringing social issues into the budget fight.

These social issues make up a TINY fraction of the budget, and have nothing to do with social security, medicare, or defense. Cutting NPR, PP, PBS, etc. is effectively meaningless to the budget. When a congressmen prefers a government shutdown to funding planned parenthood, he doesn't give a DAMN about fiscal responsibility.

By trying to cut these programs, republicans have spent more than they have saved. They are doing the polar opposite of what they were elected to do, which is cut spending!

I understand that the democrats are bad. I really do. Tea party republicans promised spending cuts with no mention of social issues, but when they get into office they increase spending by arguing over social issues. They are LIARS and do not deserve my support.

At least when democrats increase spending, they ran on increasing spending...

If Democrats can't cut a tiny fraction of the budget, how are they gonna make major cuts?

If Democrats can't cut a tiny fraction of the budget, how are they gonna make major cuts?

The budget cuts we just had were meaningless, possibly worse than doing nothing.

I understand that the democrats are bad. I really do. You can stop using that argument, as I'm a conservative rooting for the Tea Party to do as the claimed they would. But republicans proved that they are not interested in saving money, they are interested in fighting culture wars.

The budget cuts we just had were meaningless, possibly worse than doing nothing.

I understand that the democrats are bad. I really do. You can stop using that argument, as I'm a conservative rooting for the Tea Party to do as the claimed they would. But republicans proved that they are not interested in saving money, they are interested in fighting culture wars.

Thay are one in the same.

Goverment funding Planned Parenhood make their private funds available for mischief such as this. Not to mentions abortions.

Planned Parenthood Spent More Than $1 Million Electing Dems Last Cycle

636-planned-parenthood-ap.gif AP By Timothy P. Carney, Washington Examiner

Here's something to keep in mind as Democrats risk a government shutdown in order to preserve federal subsidies of <A class=r_lapi href="http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/planned-parenthood.htm#r_src=ramp' class='m-6' alt='""' />Planned Parenthood. From the Center for Responsive Politics:

In 2010, Planned Parenthood and a California affiliate together spent more than $700,000 on federal lobbying efforts, a Center for Responsive Politics analysis of federal lobbying records finds.

Thay are one in the same.

This is my nightmare. They are one in the same, but use these idiotic culture and class warfare to keep us divided. Supporting this idiotic culture and class warfare is counter productive.

I'll gladly take the fight the recently elected Tea party members are fighting. It is worth it. You are lucky to have escaped Planned Parenthood's long suction tube. The only people for abortion are those who have never had suffered one.

How much of Planned Parenthood's budget goes to funding abortions?

Democrats accuse Republicans of bringing social issues into the budget fight. But the Democrats are not? They stand for abortion. They stand for government funded radio. They stand for welfare. They stand for abusive unions. While they attack Republicans for listening to the fiscally conservative TEA pary, the Democrats pander to unions, homosexuals and minorities.

The budget fight is about social issues and the fact that all of them cannot be funded anymore.

Tell me more bout the funding programs in the budget for homosexuals?

Culture war or not, the funding of abortions with tax payer $ does not fall under the proper function of gov't.

This stuff absolutely must be eliminated. It's going to be eliminated. You can fuss over time and place to have this fight, but when we're so far over budget and in debt, you're damn right the GOP is going to go after these sorts of expenditures. As well they should

Where can one get one of these government funded abortions?

Goverment funding Planned Parenhood make their private funds available for mischief such as this. Not to mentions abortions.

SO WHAT?

We voted republicans in to office to cut spending. Some republicans wanted to shut down government over 0.01% of the budget! WTF? It is obvious that 0.01% of the budget is not worth shutting down the government over, ESPECIALLY if you are one for fiscal discipline. The only way shutting down the government over 0.01% of the budget is worth it, is if you are waging a culture war against what that money is spent on.

I wouldn't care if these republicans didn't run on fiscal conservatism, but once they get into office they had behind fiscal conservatism to fight their culture war.

Try the subject of the post, Planned Parenthood.

Government funding Planned Parenthood make their private funds available for mischief such as this. Not to mentions abortions.

SO WHAT?

We voted republicans in to office to cut spending. Some republicans wanted to shut down government over 0.01% of the budget! WTF? It is obvious that 0.01% of the budget is not worth shutting down the government over, ESPECIALLY if you are one for fiscal discipline. The only way shutting down the government over 0.01% of the budget is worth it, is if you are waging a culture war against what that money is spent on.

I wouldn't care if these republicans didn't run on fiscal conservatism, but once they get into office they had behind fiscal conservatism to fight their culture war.

I am not sure who you are angry with, but you voted for one Republican. I voted for one Republican. Did the one you voted for want to shut down government? How large of a cut did you want to see for the remainder of this fiscal year? The social issues you are screaming about are in fact fiscal issue. Government has no business funding radio and television stations or a private "health" services clinic. You local health department does that. It was the difference between a paltry 30 billion and a somewhat less paltry 60 billion in cuts.

We are not going to see any significant cuts until Reid is a minority leader and Obama is an ex-President.

Why is your goat pregnant?

Archived