AU 2011 BOT nomination list

RunInRed

Well who the are these people: (they nominated him)

Eddie Norrel

M.B. McCartney

Too lazy to look it up

McCartney is a former BOT member. My aunt works for him and he's a really nice man. He's invited me up to his box several times the past few years for games.

Here's a bio that I found of him Link

Michael McCartney '57

Michael McCartney, a 1957 graduate in civil engineering, is known to many as a member of Auburn's board of trustees, a position he held from 1979 though 1992. He was elected president pro tempore of the board in 1986, a leadership office he held throughout the latter part of his term.

It was McCartney's vision as an engineer that brought him election to the engineering hall of fame, however, coupled to a strong track record of support for research and education.

In particular, McCartney, who is president of the Gadsden based McCartney Construction Co., played a key role in bringing the National Center for Asphalt Technology (NCAT) to the Auburn campus. Since its inception, the College of Engineering based center has become internationally known as the premier research institution focused on hot mix asphalt.

He has served as a member of NCAT's board of directors since the center's inception. The industry it serves is responsible for more than $11 billion in annual revenues, giving it a significant impact on the economy. During his tenure, NCAT's annual budget, which is directed to research and continuing education, grew from $300,000 annually to more than $2 million.

McCartney's commitment to the growth of Auburn was realized in a number of ways during his tenure on the board. Enrollment grew from 18,000 students to 22,000, named professors from 22 to 51, and private support from $6 million to more than $22 million.

In terms of the latter, his influence was considered pivotal in his role as a major force on the Auburn University Generations Fund capital campaign; McCartney saw 33 major facilities completed on the Auburn campus, with a value of more than $200 million.

On a more personal level, his involvement with the Department of Civil Engineering includes the establishment of a scholarship program for deserving students. He is also involved in the alumni engineering council, and is a recipient of the group's Distinguished Auburn Engineer Award.

Auburn University honored him with the doctor of science degree, honoris causa, in 1994. McCartney is a native of Gadsden.

FYI - the list of Trustee nominations that is going to the Governor. Lowder nominated for Lee County spot, really?

http://aufamily.com/downloads/Auburn2011BOTNominationList.pdf

Does just the governor choose from this list, or is there any voting involved?

(I saw a couple of people I want to vote for, and one that I want to vote against - guess who?)

FYI - the list of Trustee nominations that is going to the Governor. Lowder nominated for Lee County spot, really?

http://aufamily.com/downloads/Auburn2011BOTNominationList.pdf

Does just the governor choose from this list, or is there any voting involved?

(I saw a couple of people I want to vote for, and one that I want to vote against - guess who?)

I could be wrong but I think it's in Bentley's hands.

YGBFKM

Governor Bentley announces appointments to the Auburn Board of Trustees

4:18 PM, April 18, 2011

AUBURN - Governor Robert Bentley thanked the nearly 200 individuals nominated for consideration for the nine positions either currently open or soon to be vacant on the Auburn University Board of Trustees.

"We're fortunate that so many highly-qualified men and women in the Auburn family are eager to serve," said Bentley, who is president of the university's governing body.

A selection committee on Monday chose appointees for each of the nine positions, and their names have been forwarded to the Alabama State Senate. Nominations to the Auburn Board require Senate confirmation.

The committee made the following appointments:

District 1: B.T. Roberts

District 2: Virginia Thompson

District 3: Jimmy Rane

District 3-Lee County: Bobby Lowder

District 4: Jimmy Sanford

District 6: Elizabeth Huntley

District 7: Sarah Newton

District 9: Rev. Byron Franklin

At-Large: Charles McCrary

The selection committee was composed of the Governor, current Auburn Trustees John Blackwell and Raymond Harbert, and three members of the Auburn Alumni Association Board, Bobby Poundstone, Nancy Fortner and Howard Nelson.

WTH, Lowder is like a cancer that won't go away. I despise that meddling troll and I wish he would leave the state of Alabama.

Archived