Oregon LB arrested/suspended

tgr4lfe

Just saw this about our friends in Eugene. Trouble of their own.

Linky

Associated Press

EUGENE, Ore. -- The Oregon Ducks have indefinitely suspended linebacker Kiko Alonso following his arrest on burglary and trespassing charges.

Oregon coach Chip Kelly announced the suspension Monday in a statement from the university that said there would be no further comment while the case was pending.

The Register-Guard reported the 20-year-old junior from Los Gatos, Calif., was arrested early Sunday after a Eugene woman called 911 to report a strange man pounding on her front door demanding to be let inside.

Alonso was released later Sunday from the Lane County Jail after he was charged with burglary, trespassing and criminal mischief.

He was suspended for the entire 2010 season after a driving while intoxicated citation last winter.

Loved this quote from the comments section:

Crap... with UF's cornerback and Oregon's linebacker, Ole Miss might have a decent defense next year.
roflol.gif

Reminds me of Eric Smith. Was given a second chance and blew it. Kudos to CK for acting swiftly.

This story is kind of peculiar though. He appeared disoriented and confused, yet wasn't intoxicated and was in some rural area in Oregon. I'd be interested in the complete details of this situation.

loved this quote from the comments section:
Crap... with UF's cornerback and Oregon's linebacker, Ole Miss might have a decent defense next year.
roflol.gif

That's pretty hillarious. The other night I bumped into a few Ole Miss guys in a bar while wearing an Oregon shirt and as soon as they asked if I was an Oregon grad I responded, with a big old grin, "Sure am... and thank you for taking Masoli off our hands... we appreciate the help." They were good sports about it though and I ended up sharing a pitcher with them and having a big old college football discussion.

loved this quote from the comments section:
roflol.gif

That's pretty hillarious. The other night I bumped into a few Ole Miss guys in a bar while wearing an Oregon shirt and as soon as they asked if I was an Oregon grad I responded, with a big old grin, "Sure am... and thank you for taking Masoli off our hands... we appreciate the help." They were good sports about it though and I ended up sharing a pitcher with them and having a big old college football discussion.

Ah man, you should have pulled a "Here's your sign" reply, When they asked that you could have replied with "No, I'm part Irish, I like yellow, and I LOVE ducks!" Of course, then you might ended up in a fist fight?

Archived