2013 4* WR JaQuay Williams (Texas A&M signee & transferred to Louisville)

RunInRed

4_95182.jpg

JaQuay Williams, WR

Tyrone, GA

6'3 / 204

Offers:

Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, South Carolina, Southern Miss and Tennessee, among others.

247Sports 4* (the247 -- 173)

Rivals 4* (Rivals100 -- 94)

Scout 4* (Top 250 -- 106)

Williams is a wide receiver with a lot of raw ability and athleticism. He still needs to improve his route running, his ability to get separation down field, and his route running, but he has a lot of things to like as well. His size stands out immediately, he has outstanding body control, and he has shown the ability to make the tough catches. He has a lot of upside in the future. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4184901

Junior Highlights:

Sophomore Highlights:

A nice read...

zuibkg.jpg

Ja'Quay Williams has had a great spring, according to Sandy Creek coach Chip Walker. Williams, 6-4 and 208 pounds, is a transfer from Heard County and will also be playing his first season with Sandy Creek.

"I played in an option offense at Heard so playing here will give me a great opportunity to show my skills," Williams said. "It's been great so far and I think I fit in real well here. I have good size, speed, hands and body control."

Williams has had a busy few weeks and is up to 17 scholarship offers.

"Clemson actually offered me as a sophomore," Williams said. "LSU was the latest offer. Teams like Miami, Auburn, Ohio State, Tennessee and Alabama have all offered me. Right now, I don't have any favorites."

Williams has visited Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Georgia Tech and Ohio State, but he still hopes to check out USC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6558560

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should hear the story about his transfering from Heard County

• 3 weeks later...
RT @RecruitingAJC: Sandy Creek HS (Ga.) WR JaQuay Williams will pick btw #Auburn & #OhioState at 4pm Wed - http://t.co/clGXtOQ ... #wde

@BMatt247

Georgia’s No. 1 WR narrows to Auburn and Ohio State

by Michael Carvell

JaQuay-Williams.jpg

Georgia’s No. 1 prospect at WR has narrowed down to Auburn and Ohio State, and will likely announce his college decision this week.

JaQuay Williams, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound wide receiver from Sandy Creek High School, made an unofficial visit to Auburn over the weekend. Williams considered the top WR in Georgia, won the top award at the Atlanta MVP Camp attended by many other of the state’s top college prospects, and is ranked as the nation’s No. 94 overall player by Rivals.com.

“It was good; I met all the coaches, and they took my family around and showed them a nice time,” Williams told the AJC.

Williams had said previously that he was going to pick from Auburn, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU and Tennessee among his 20 offers. On Sunday, he narrowed it to two.

“Really, my top two are Auburn and Ohio State,” Williams told the AJC.

It appears that Auburn may be on the brink of landing its third commitment from Georgia for 2012, following Creekside DB Josh Holsey and Callaway TE Ricky Parks.

“Auburn has one of the best wide receiver coaches in the country,” Williams said. “It’s a great tradition down there, and I like the offense. They’ve really been on a hot streak with recruiting.”

Come on down

Ohio State is not going to fall off the face of the earth, BUT their situation sure doesn't look as good as it did several weeks ago. In fact it looks like it could easily fall off the face of the earth with a little help from the NCAA infractions committee.

RT @RecruitingAJC: Sandy Creek HS (Ga.) WR JaQuay Williams will pick btw #Auburn & #OhioState at 4pm Wed - http://t.co/clGXtOQ ... #wde

@BMatt247

Come on down

He's ours. I'm hearing a lot of positive stuff and given the situation in Columbus, he'd be silly to go there. He won't see a bowl game until his junior year AT BEST. Not to mention the heavy sanctions that will cripple their future recruiting efforts and cause a massive impact on the field. He may never see postseason play in Columbus. It seems an obvious choice to me...

You should hear the story about his transfering from Heard County

So, what's the story? I live down the road in Peachtree City and haven't "heard" anything.

So no announcement today? Anyone got an update?

Wednesday at 4:00 CT / 5:00 ET.

Oops, it looked like today from the previous couple posts if you didn't read the word "Wed"

Oops, it looked like today from the previous couple posts if you didn't read the word "Wed"

Yeah the subtitle on the thread says Monday. I hope we get this guy!

Yeah the subtitle on the thread says Monday. I hope we get this guy!

Good catch; corrected.

ok, which is it. Here you have one time and sub heading on the thread says 3:00 CT. :lol:

Big day for this young man! I have heard different things about who he is deciding between. Some sites say he is choosing between 5 and others say 2. How are we looking in all of this? Adding a receiver with his size would be just what we need!

For those with a subscription, Rivals will be live streaming.

Currently sitting in the Sandy Creek HS fieldhouse awaiting the announcement in 20 minutes or so. No air conditioning, bit warm up here.

@JHokanson

Archived