Finebaum Admission

ShocksMyBrain

WarBlogle WarBlogle.com

New Blogle: Finebaum Admits His Sources Say Newton Story is Over http://bit.ly/pDSLGy #auburn #wareagle #sec

As you've all heard by now, noted oddsmaker, USA Today employee, and Alabama graduate, Danny Sheridan, went on Paul Finebaum's show yesterday and announced that the NCAA had found the "bagman" in the Cam Newton case. I'm not going to talk about that because it gives it credibility. What I do want to talk about is something that nobody seemed to notice during today's show.

While talking to Dennis Dodd about the first time Sheridan told him the news, Finebaum says he told Sheridan something to the effect of "Everyone that I talk to says this story is over, but you say what you want." That may not seem like a huge reveal, and Finebaum's sources definitely aren't the governing body in this case, but I'd say his words were pretty significant.

Like him or not, Finebaum does have some credible sources, he knows people who know stuff, and he's been around a long time. When ALL of them say the Cam Newton story is over, it's a big deal. Not to mention the fact that the man who's notoriously known to stir the pot comes out and says that the biggest story he's had in years is basically over, as far as he's been told.

I don't know if he meant to say it. Given the fact that he could have said this weeks ago and fanned the flames (where's the fun in that?), he probably didn't. But it doesn't matter. It was said. Freudian slip and all that stuff...

I tweeted it out this afternoon, but some of you needed more proof. Well. I've got the audio now.

So basically, what we have here, is just typical Finescum providing a forum for someone(bammer)to trash Auburn whether it's true or not.

" Everyone that I talk to says this story is over, but you say what you want."

Here's the thing, PF is a sociopath. He literally doesn't care what others think of him, or what he says and how it affects anyone else. He'll knowingly lie and stir up stuff for the explicit purpose of driving up ratings and getting listeners. That is all he cares about.

So, when I see folks offering their summation of what he's saying, as shown above, it tells me one of two things.

- You want to trash Auburn, by all means, come onto my show and have at it. I'm not going to stop you. Journalistic integrity be damned.

- If there's any chance at all that you ( Sheridan ) are truly onto a big story, which is contrary to any of MY sources, then let's be sure to break that news here, and then everyone will be repeating " As first revealed on the PF show... ".

The fact that virtually NO ONE ELSE jumped on this story, while the Tigerettes story quickly became front page news, and that was shown to be 100 % b.s. , I think gives the answer right there.

" Everyone that I talk to says this story is over, but you say what you want."

Here's the thing, PF is a sociopath. He literally doesn't care what others think of him, or what he says and how it affects anyone else. He'll knowingly lie and stir up stuff for the explicit purpose of driving up ratings and getting listeners. That is all he cares about.

So, when I see folks offering their summation of what he's saying, as shown above, it tells me one of two things.

- You want to trash Auburn, by all means, come onto my show and have at it. I'm not going to stop you. Journalistic integrity be damned.

- If there's any chance at all that you ( Sheridan ) are truly onto a big story, which is contrary to any of MY sources, then let's be sure to break that news here, and then everyone will be repeating " As first revealed on the PF show... ".

The fact that virtually NO ONE ELSE jumped on this story, while the Tigerettes story quickly became front page news, and that was shown to be 100 % b.s. , I think gives the answer right there.

Sounds like most other sports "analysts" and "journalists". Thamel, Evans, Schad, Brooks...

As Solomon said... "There is nothing new under the sun"

PF was also on Talkin' Football last night prior to Coach Chizik coming on to talk about the team. PF stated, and I quote: "I decided years ago to let the inmates run the asylum on my show and it has worked out for me"......... ENOUGH SAID!

This is nothing to be concerned about....just like the FBI tapes, the smoking guns, and the continual lies and scum spewed by Thamel and Fishbait Schad.......

I'm amazed that anyone in the AU family continues to listen to this little jerk.

I don't, and I refuse to support any of his sponsors. Particularly any of Bob Baumhowers establishments.

I encourage all Auburn supporters to follow.

I'm amazed a thread about what confessed Bamzo Danny Sheridan says about anything is this long but re. sources, the only source that matters is the NCAA, right? We have an NCAA rep in front of mulitple SEC coaches saying last week to CGC that the investigation of AUBURN's involvement in the Cam Newton saga is "not over, we'll tell you when it's over". Which doesn't lend credibility to Sheridan's blather but it brings into question the "sources" that say...right now...it's "over" or (not sure how this is being perpetuated) it is not an investigation of us.

I'm amazed a thread about what confessed Bamzo Danny Sheridan says about anything is this long but re. sources, the only source that matters is the NCAA, right? We have an NCAA rep in front of mulitple SEC coaches saying last week to CGC that the investigation of AUBURN's involvement in the Cam Newton saga is "not over, we'll tell you when it's over". Which doesn't lend credibility to Sheridan's blather but it brings into question the "sources" that say...right now...it's "over" or (not sure how this is being perpetuated) it is not an investigation of us.

That is almost certainly not what she said. Most sources claim that her statement was "The investigation is not over".

The Auburn end of it is cold, and has been so since December 2nd when the NCAA declared Cam "Eligible without condition".

Well this is my source (posted over the last week on 3 other threads here), your source is...? Wake up! It may be BS by the NCAA but it's NOT over and it IS about Auburn! We're starting to look like kool-aid drinking bammers on this cite!

Premier League Football

Latest News Results Highlights

HomeFootball NewsGlobal Football NewsPremier League NewsPremier League ResultsRandom Premiership News You are here: Home » Global Football News » NCAA tells Auburn coach Chizik that investigation is ongoing

NCAA tells Auburn coach Chizik that investigation is ongoing

Written by admin on July 17, 2011 · Leave a Comment

An NCAA official told Auburn coach Gene Chizik that it is not done investigating the Tigers’ football program and the recruitment of Cam Newton, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

Chizik asked NCAA vice president for enforcement Julie Roe Lach several questions, including why the NCAA had not announced that the Newton investigation was finished, during a presentation at the Southeastern Conference meetings in Destin, Fla., last month.

“You’ll know when we’re finished,” Roe Lach told Chizik, according to several coaches who were at the meeting, the Times reported. “And we’re not finished.”

Vanderbilt basketball coach Kevin Stallings, LSU basketball coach Trent Johnson, Mississippi basketball coach Andy Kennedy and Arkansas basketball coach Mike Anderson all confirmed the exchange to the newspaper.

Kennedy told The Times he believed Chizik “was trying to get some finality to when the process was over, and it was an interesting debate, to say the least. I think the format of the meeting was set up to be generally about the lay of the land going forward. when he got into specific questions regarding their situation, I think we were all sitting back saying, ‘I didn’t know that we were going here.’”

Newton won the Heisman Trophy and led Auburn to a perfect season and national championship last season, his only one with the Tigers.

Late in the season, the NCAA ruled that Newton’s father, Cecil, had tried to get Mississippi State to pay $180,000 for his son to play for the Bulldogs. Cam Newton ended up choosing Auburn instead of Mississippi State when he was being recruited out of junior college.

The NCAA also ruled there was no evidence Cam Newton or Auburn knew about Cecil Newton’s pay-for-play scheme, so neither was punished.

Categories: Global Football News - Tags: coach mike, football program, new york times

Actually, canuck, whatever the implications of the comment may be, the only statement attributed to the Julie Roe Lach is "You’ll know when we’re finished. And we're not finished." That came in response to the question: why the NCAA had not announced that the Newton investigation was finished. There is no mention in the article of an investigation of Auburn. It just says the "Newton investigation" is not finished. You may infer (and I tend to agree) that any investigation into Newton's recruitment is an investigation of Auburn, but that's not what the article says.

Fine baum did say months ago tha tit was over. The investigation per se is not over. But the NCAA is devoting no man power into investigating Auburn. If they were it would be all over the internet is allegations 1000x beyond reality.

Archived