LSU to wear combat unis vs AU

RunInRed

Sure, but it did help UGA with the blackout (more than once). The unis don't matter. If it gets the players excited, great. Either way, they players on the field will have to buckle down and make plays. I'm not worried about the unis. I'm worried about the LSU defense, the Tiger Stadium crowd, and the deal with the devil that Les Miles still has in his back pocket. Until we actually beat them in that building, I'm not saying a word. They can wear whatever they want because 1999 was a looooong time ago.

I think this is another "Nike-vs-Under Armour" thing. I think we will see the big Nike Puppet schools do this to all the UA schools while Nike desperatly tries to stay in the market.

Sure, but it did help UGA with the blackout (more than once). The unis don't matter. If it gets the players excited, great. Either way, they players on the field will have to buckle down and make plays. I'm not worried about the unis. I'm worried about the LSU defense, the Tiger Stadium crowd, and the deal with the devil that Les Miles still has in his back pocket. Until we actually beat them in that building, I'm not saying a word. They can wear whatever they want because 1999 was a looooong time ago.

Is nothing like the UGA blackout scenario. It's a Nike thing, not a school thing.

AuburnProCombat.jpg?t=1311350345

Something of my own creation. (There was supposed to be a white and orange stripe down the pants but photoshop was being a pain)

The helmet should match the undershirt sleeves.

Something of my own creation. (There was supposed to be a white and orange stripe down the pants but photoshop was being a pain)

The helmet should match the undershirt sleeves.

Working on that now.

As awesome as this looks, I don't want us to ever change!

I'm not too keen on changing the uniforms, but I won't get bent out of shape if we do. The kids playing for Oregon seem to love their unis. If having a "cooler" uniform helps get kids excited about playing for Auburn, I can get used to it.

BTW, Knight, that does look pretty sweet. You do good work.

Not to sound like Beano Cook, but camo didn't help Vinny's Candycanes against Penn St for the '86 MNC either.

They're not wearing camo. The Pro Combat "system" is Nike's marketing blitz for their new style of uniforms: Lank

... The fully integrated uniform system, which the University of Oregon debuted during the 2010 BCS National Championship Game, incorporates the latest in performance innovation and design from the world's most renowned athletic outfitter. The redesigned base layer facilitates the uniform's overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones also help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. ...

I'm not too keen on changing the uniforms, but I won't get bent out of shape if we do. The kids playing for Oregon seem to love their unis. If having a "cooler" uniform helps get kids excited about playing for Auburn, I can get used to it.

BTW, Knight, that does look pretty sweet. You do good work.

Not bad for a teen with basic photoshop skills huh? :big:

I personally enjoy seeing the new uniforms. Maybe do something for one of our away games, not to fond of the Whites. I truly enjoy watching Auburn play in the Blues at Death Valley. I hope the Nike unis follow LSU's tradition that allows us to wear our Home uni.

I have always liked our white unis. They are just clean and classy, just as much as the blues. Dont change Auburn, dont do it!

Good news for traditionalists like me- Jay Jacobs said this past week that we will not be changing our unis like most people thought. Rumor was that Under Armour wanted our pant stripes to match the helmet and sleves and add those two white stripes. Other than that, there hasnt been anything said about having WAR EAGLE put on the butts, like whats on NCAA 12.

I have always liked our white unis. They are just clean and classy, just as much as the blues. Dont change Auburn, dont do it!

Good news for traditionalists like me- Jay Jacobs said this past week that we will not be changing our unis like most people thought. Rumor was that Under Armour wanted our pant stripes to match the helmet and sleves and add those two white stripes. Other than that, there hasnt been anything said about having WAR EAGLE put on the butts, like whats on NCAA 12.

Whats with EA messing with our uni's? They were perfect then they got rid of the SEC patch and put war eagle in our butts.

Whats with EA messing with our uni's? They were perfect then they got rid of the SEC patch and put war eagle in on our butts.

Hope that was an autocorrect fail. ;)

The WAR EAGLE on the pants is suppossedly a confirmed Under Armour change. EA really pissed me off when they released the screen shots of the game with us in white on blue pants. For one, it looked terrible! And it was just completely wrong! Not very smart to piss a traditionalist school off like that.

jpg.jpg?t=1311633156

My idea of what the uniforms may look like this october. :lol:

LMAO - Love the corndogs. :roflol:

Whats with EA messing with our uni's? They were perfect then they got rid of the SEC patch and put war eagle in on our butts.

Hope that was an autocorrect fail. ;)

LMAO :roflol:

Archived