Heisman statues have arrived

RunInRed

“We have received delivery for both the Jackson and Sullivan statues,” said Jeff Steele, associate athletic director for facilities and operations. “They are currently in storage here at the athletic department.”

Read more: http://www.theplainsman.com/view/full_story/14765728/article-Heisman-trophy-winner-statues-in-the-works?instance=home_news_lead_story

9DK4_IMG_4305.jpg

More photos of the pedastals via TWER...

Auburn-Heisman-Statue-Pedestal-3-480x360.png

Auburn-Heisman-Statue-Pedestal-2-478x360.png

Anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes some bama person to do something to one of them?

O/U - 4 days

Better statues than trees. I just hope they make it funny, a la Cam's jersey on Bryant's statue.

I believe the Sullivan and Jackson statues have been on campus for quite sometime, stored in the Arena. A friend who works in the Arena saw them delivered several months ago.

So no more laughing about Alabama having statues for national championship coaches, or is it just different?

Oh man I just cracked the Cam Newton Controversy, they promised Cam's dad his son would have a statute after the season!

We don't have a statue of a current player/coach. Thats the difference.

Well... that and all of our statues measure taller than 5'5".

And hopefully no one at Auburn will be leaving "offerings" of potato chips and Coke (or anything else) to their idol. <_<

So no more laughing about Alabama having statues for national championship coaches, or is it just different?

Oh man I just cracked the Cam Newton Controversy, they promised Cam's dad his son would have a statute after the season!

It's not the statues we laugh at, its an "alleged" institute of higher learning (used very loosely in this case) that has an incredible inability to count or just arbitrarily rewrites history for their own self worth.

They promised Cam's dad he would have a law after the season? Don't know how they could promise that.

Oh, btw, those Auburn players really did win those Heisman Trophies. They didn't come out of a Kraker Jack box.

They promised Cam's dad he would have a law after the season? Don't know how they could promise that.

Oh, btw, those Auburn players really did win those Heisman Trophies. They didn't come out of a Kraker Jack box.

Nick Saban is short enough to fit in a Kracker Jack box.

Nick Saban is short enough to fit in a Kracker Jack box.

Who would have thought that Bear Bryant would be reincarnated as a midget.

I can't help but think of Cartman when Little Nicky starts throwing one of his patented tantrums...

Archived