Coaches Preseason Poll Released

RunInRed

FSU's program has been mired in mediocrity for years. Their jump in recruiting is easily explained.....$$$$. Now that saint Bowden is out of that program, the ncaa won't protect them anymore. There are several teams in the ACC that have slowly caught FSU and some that have passed FSU. N.C. State, Boston College, Virginia Tech are all on par with fsu in recent years, and Virginia Tech has passed them. It's one thing to recruit ($$$) players, its another thing to actually coach them. Jimbo Fisher won't last in Tallahassee, IMO. He's not head coach material, IMO. I expect N.C. State will win that division this year. Felony State will always be Felony State.

You're as bad as those who "know" that Chizik's success in recruiting is because we paid players. Do you have actual evidence?

Of course not. I'm also confused. By saying that the NCAA was protecting the program (to protect Bobby), it implies that they were paying players already. If they were paying players before, how does money easily explain the jump in recruiting? Answer: it doesn't. The jury is certainly still out on Jimbo, but he had a really solid first season: 10 wins, division title, bowl win over an SEC team. That's above mediocrity already. We'll have to agree to disagree. I think that's a program on the rise. You're right about VaTech though. They've been the class of the ACC since they walked into the conference. Beamer's a heck of a coach.

The only value of preseason polls is to give us something to talk about until the season starts.

@WarBlogle

Let's take a look at last year's preseason and final Coaches' Polls. SPOILER ALERT: They were way wrong. http://twitpic.com/60ut9r #auburn

gallery_33175_34_57610.jpg

I'm glad you brought that up -- I was looking at the very same thing. I don't know why everyone puts so much stock in Consensus Guessing. Go down that list & note how many preseason "favorites" had bad years and didn't even finish in the final top 25: UF, Texas, Penn State, Miami, UGA ... not to mention the perennial sacred cow, uat, finishing 4th in the SEC West after everyone picked them to repeat ( :lol: ). About the only saving grace for this preseason poll in August is that it wasn't made like this one in January: January 12, 2011 to be exact

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. Oklahoma

4. LSU

5. Stanford

6. Missouri

7. Auburn

8. Oklahoma Stare

9. Arkansas

10. Michigan State

11. Wisconsin

12. Florida State