2013 4* ATH Jayron Kearse (Clemson signee)

WarTiger

He decommitetted after we lost both coords.  Then he decommitted after it came out that the coaching staff at miami may have been messing up.  Yeah he's so immature.

Sounds like maybe you and he both should have done a little more research before jumping the gun.

Actually sounds like you should have since you didn't know what the hell you were talking about anyway we still recruited him after his decisions and will still be recruiting after this commitment so sounds like he knows what he's doing since he's still being recruited.....oh wait no he doesn't cuz he didn't get your message board approval, what in heavens name was he thinking :-\

I've followed this one closely enough to know that he's jerked the coaches around to some degree and that's why I've lost interest.  The fact is that the kid has made 3 different commitments.  I find that highly unusual regardless of the circumstances. I was merely expressing my opinion and meant no ill will toward you or the the recruit, but since you seem hell bent on taking it personal, the conversation is over.  I stand firmly behind what I've said although it may have taken out of context.  Case closed.

I appreciate your opinion, but just because you became exasperated with the situation and lost interest in him doesn't mean the coaches did.  His multiple commitments had mitigating circumstances and our coaches accepted them. JK was and still is being pursued by AU. 

Thanks Bird.

Also, regarding players getting a bad name for changing their commitment, we as fans are partially responsible creating this environment.

As I have said MANY times before, there is little, if any, benefit for a kid to make a public commitment before he has to do so.  There certainly may be a time where they need to make a private commitment to the coaches, but in most cases they would be better served if they just left it at that.

The only people a public commitment benefits are the media and fans. The media (rivals, et. al) in service to the fans, are constantly hounding these guys wanting to know where they are committing so they can serve (and sell their services to) their constituency.

There is all kind of wailing and gnashing of teeth by fans for a guy to make a public commitment (see the RF thread) BEFORE he really has to do so and when there is no advantage for him to do so. However, we want a guy to commit for US. Then, we he changes that commitment (often for valid reasons) some fans become critical and judgmental.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if the kid tried to see how many conferences he could commit to before signing day.

• 3 months later...

He was recruited to Clemson by Coach Cheese, guess he was set to play Safety. Appears to be upset by the coaching change. Would not surprise me if he ends up back at AU for what would be one of the most unusual recruitments I've seen in awhile.

I thought his reasoning for choosing clemson over Auburn was because he would have the opportunity to play Wr and Safety at Clemson rather than just Safety at AU. Also, it would not suprise me either since Cheese was his lead recruiter.

I thought his reasoning for choosing clemson over Auburn was because he would have the opportunity to play Wr and Safety at Clemson rather than just Safety at AU. Also, it would not suprise me either since Cheese was his lead recruiter.

Not calling you out individually, but everyone who has, just remember you all crawled Reuben Foster for doing this. If he leaves Clemson bc of Harbison, does that make him immature and childish, and for that matter, by that logic we don't really want him anyway.

Tweeted earlier today that he is sticking with his commitment to CU.

no offense to the kid but he has committed to like 3 or 4 schools already in my mind that means that he can be flipped.

incorrect. Auburn was recruiting him as a WR not safety. That may change now with Cheese.

• 1 month later...

Keith Niebuhr@Niebuhr247

I asked Jayron Kearse if he has de-committed from #Clemson ... he responded "No," in a text message

Hey don't give up....that was his answer today. Tomorrow is a new day and you might get a new answer. :dunno:

Archived