2013 4* ATH Jayron Kearse (Clemson signee)

WarTiger

I mentioned this in the Greg Bryant thread too, but I would love to see some Mod chatter on this.  I feel like I haven't seen much in the way of where he's leaning for a while now.  Sure is getting interesting with Clemson and Treadwell talk out there.  Help a brutha out.

There's no clear indication of what he will do. I think there is conflict within his "camp" or whatever you want to call it about which side of the ball he should commit to. I think that's gotta get itself sorted out before we'll know anything.

Fair enough.  You know depending on which side of the ball we want him for, I'd almost rather see us go after Laquan Treadwell.  I know Laquan's a receiver, but if that's what Kearse will play for us and we don't get Jayron, it looks like Laquan would be quite a nice option.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather have Treadwell also. He's a great WR but he's going to Michigan.

They are his leader but it is nowhere near close to set in stone.

I would rather have Treadwell also. He's a great WR but he's going to Michigan.

They are his leader but it is nowhere near close to set in stone.

That's been my understanding of late.

Treadwell grew up a Michigan fan, and he's made numerous trips to their campus and is friends with many of their players.

Liner and Lawson peaked Treadwell's interest in AU by the way they talked us up at the Rivals Challenge. Treadwell has never visited Auburn but he plans an official possibly for the LSU game. Getting him in for a visit would be great, but realistically, we have a lot of ground to make up.

I am neutral on JK at WR. I would take his commitment if he wants to be a defensive player and see what else develops on the WR slot.

I dunno a 6'4" 205 lb wide receiver sounds good to me.

Treadwell grew up a Michigan fan, and he's made numerous trips to their campus and is friends with many of their players.

Liner and Lawson peaked Treadwell's interest in AU by the way they talked us up at the Rivals Challenge. Treadwell has never visited Auburn but he plans an official possibly for the LSU game. Getting him in for a visit would be great, but realistically, we have a lot of ground to make up.

Well, the LSU game is a good one to pick and a good start to making up ground. If we get by dumbo and MSU, JH will be seriously fired up for the LSU game I suspect.

I am neutral on JK at WR. I would take his commitment if he wants to be a defensive player and see what else develops on the WR slot.

Yes it does but we do have some for next year that are dedicated WRs. I just wouldn't want to tie up an important WR slot on a player that isn't 100% sure which side of the ball he wants to play on and/or isn't 100% committed to the school. But maybe he is and if the Coaches take his commitment @ WR I will assume that is the case.   

6' 4"- Melvin Ray, RFr

6' 4"- JaQuay Williams, Fr (he will clear)

6' 3"- Jaylon Denson, Soph

6' 2"- Sammie Coates, RFr

6' 2"- Ricardo Louis, Fr

Coates and Louis both play a lot bigger than 6' 2" and are pure receivers.

Yes it does but we do have some for next year that are dedicated WRs. I just wouldn't want to tie up an important WR slot on a player that isn't 100% sure which side of the ball he wants to play on and/or isn't 100% committed to the school. But maybe he is and if the Coaches take his commitment @ WR I will assume that is the case.   

6' 4"- Melvin Ray, RFr

6' 2"- Sammie Coates, Soph

6' 2"- Ricardo Louis, Fr

There is no way Denson is 6'3". I went to high school with him and I'm about the same height if not taller than him and I'm 6'1".

6' 4"- Melvin Ray, RFr

6' 2"- Ricardo Louis, Fr

There is no way Denson is 6'3". I went to high school with him and I'm about the same height if not taller than him and I'm 6'1".

You're wrong. Check again  -- you're 6'4.

6' 4"- Melvin Ray, RFr

6' 2"- Ricardo Louis, Fr

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6' 4"- Melvin Ray, RFr

6' 2"- Ricardo Louis, Fr

40 Time?

All Important Benchpress?

6' 4"- Melvin Ray, RFr

6' 2"- Sammie Coates, RFr

6' 2"- Ricardo Louis, Fr

Maybe it was a different Jaylon Denson ? Maybe he grew ? That's what he is listed at on the official Auburn Spring roster as well as the Depth Chart roster on the football board of this site. I will have to admit though, I did not put a tape measure to him.   

;D

Hey, Didn't Coates and Denson redshirt last year?  I could've swore at least one was injured.  Not sure, though.

Yes, that was my mistake, I got my lines messed up transposing it from the source. Fixed it, thanks.

Hey, Didn't Coates and Denson redshirt last year?  I could've swore at least one was injured.  Not sure, though.

Yes, that was my mistake, I got my lines messed up transposing it from the source. Fixed it, thanks.

jes don't let it happen again IM

jes don't let it happen again IM

HAHA, ok.  :laugh:

It may already have been mentioned but does anyone know what time he will announce today? Thanks. WDE!

I think its tom around 3pm or so. Could be wrong though

It may already have been mentioned but does anyone know what time he will announce today? Thanks. WDE!

I think its tom around 3pm or so. Could be wrong though

2 CT.

Archived