Bama

Tiger Refuge

• 1 month later...

Bammer So, now Cow College will tell us that we're not a real school?!? Very funny.

Me Why do they call us a cow college? They do realize that we are an engineering school predominately. I am just wondering. Please don't be mad at me asking because I don't want to start a debate. I know we have an agricultural department, but it is not that large. Where did the term originate?

Bammer: ‎*predominantly. And you don't need to use that word in this case.

Point proven.

And, look it up on urban dictionary, you imbecile!

My Friend: Be nice (bammer) :P

I think rivalry means we get to call each other whatever we want without having to worry about if what we're saying, or our grammar for that matter, is correct.

ME: Both are acceptable.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/predominately So you trying to be a jerk when I was just asking a simple question didn't work out. And it does work there. It is saying an engineering school for the most part.

Predominately - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

www.merriam-webster.com

Definition of predominately from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audi...

ME: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cow+College

That didn't tell me anything. So do you know where it originated or not?

Cow College

www.urbandictionary.com

Bammer: Please pardon my behavior as I take don't take insults to my school very well. But I will explain to you very soon, like within the next few hours.

ME: I didn't insult Bama at all. It came from Bear.

Bammer: Yes, the term was coined by Coach Bear Bryant. So, historically, Auburn has been the agriculture school of Alabama, while Alabama has been the engineering/math school. In fact, Alabama has one of the oldest engineering schools in the nation. Because of the heavy agriculture and backward emphasis at Auburn, it has often been termed as Cow College. Additionally, because Auburn has not been very successful at many things, including football, "Cow College" has stuck. Now, over time, Auburn has been able to develop a pretty good engineering school. But bottom line is, most programs are still lacking, and this can be proven by U.S. New rankings. Sorry you go to a such a low-minded school, and you also suck at football (except for the 2 years y'all did get national championships). But, it's okay, because you're probably too low on the intellectual spectrum to understand. It'll all be okay, Truman.

ME: I got accepted to Georgia Tech. Which if I am not mistaken, is still higher than Bama. But chose to come here because I am a liberal arts major and they were willing to give me a great scholarship (plus campus is better than Tech). I got accepted into other colleges as well and probably would have gotten accepted to UAT if I felt like applying. You act all high and mighty when your school is only 7(if we include private universities, if it is only public you are only 5) spots higher than Auburn. The rankings also came out before they realized we are in the top 10 for number of national merit scholars out of all universities (including private schools). If "most programs are still lacking", then why are many of our programs in the top 100 in the nation? Including some that are in the top 30 in the nation out of all universities. I don't see why you have to resort to personal attacks, but it is alright. If that is how you make yourself feel good about yourself, then go ahead and keep doing it. I never did anything to disrespect you (and said that I wasn't trying to start a debate in my first comment), and you immediately jumped to personal attacks.

P.S. Sorry Lexi.

ME P.P.S. Agree to disagree.

Bammer: Hey, look at me, I got accepted to all these elite schools. If I wanted to, I could list my acceptances too, but I don't want anyone to feel lowly as I don't know where you stand. Well, now I do. Well, you may claim that there is not much of a difference, but there is still a difference. And that difference has historically been on Alabama's side. So, end of discussion. Now, Auburn is on its way to becoming an excellent institution of higher education. I'm glad we're in the same state for the purposes of setting an example for some of the schools that just need a little extra help. Well, the personal attacks were to demonstrate what kinds of students attend the joke by the name of Auburn. Okay, sorry about that last one. And, don't worry about (my friend). I'm sure she'll be okay.

My Friend Honestly I think college is a personal choice and if someone chose Auburn over Alabama or vis versa it was because that was what's best for them. As long as you're getting a college education that's all that matters.

This is why I hate Bama.

Archived