The triple crown.....

The triple crown was last won back in 1978. Last year seabiscuit had a chance, this year it was smarty jones. Smarty led the entire race until the last straight away where he was beat by a piece of hair from a mane. Does anyone believe there will ever be another triple crown winner? I dont think there will be. Maybe parity is eveident in ALL sports???

well whayever the horse was last year up for the triple crown could have sworn his name was seabicuit.....

nevermind his name was funny cide........but back to the question... will there ever be another triple crown

Yes, like most other things, it will happen sooner or later. I venture to say it will happen again in the next 10 years....although I'm sure i probably would have said that same thing 20 years ago!!

So who knows, but freaks of nature do come around every so often, and there will be a horse someday that just dominates the way that Secritariat did.

yeah, it's going to happen, but it's going to take a secritatiat type horse who can blow away the field in the mile and half. i loved smarty, but the field he ran against this year was weak. oh well, i still wanted to see history. sooner or later, we'll get it.

It's a HORSE for goodness sake. No one even knows the names of these animals until the week of the Kentucky Derby. The rest of the year, only the owners, trainers and 16 other people in America care about horse racing.

I heard some sports writer on Sporting News Radio yesterday analyzing the race and going on to state emphatically, that the triple crown is the hardest thing to accomplish in all of sports. I have to question whether seeing which horse can run the fastest while a 30 pound jockey whips his a$$ with a switch can be considered a sport in the first place.

whether it's sport or hobby or leisure activity or whatever. you generally don't know the names of the horses because it's kind of a crap shoot as to how a horse will develop from a two year old to a three year old (triple crown age). it's kinda like mlb. i don't know the names of minor league guys until they become players in the bigs (unless they happened to be great in the sec or surrounding area) because what's the point? most of them don't make it. most two year old horses don't make it to the derby so why learn them all earlier? and it is one of the hardest things to do in the world. it would be like a sprinter winning the 100m, 200m, and 400m in one Olympics. three races of increasing length with little time to recover in between. it just doesn't happen often.

Archived