Auburn vs boston college

barnabascollins

i remember back in the summer of 2006 there were rumors of an auburn-boston college home and home series in football, but it never fell through i think im not sure

anyway got me to wonder what is our obsession with acc teams :blink:

georgia tech tech in 03 and 05 they're a rival but still............. <_<

now we play clemson for a third time this upcoming season they're another rival but 3 times in a row? :blink:

teams from other conferences

usc in 02 and 03 i'd lve to play these guys again but knowing lane he'll likely avoid playing sec teams :big: unless its for the crystal ball

washington state we played them in 06 we see them again in 2013

kansas state we gotta home and home 07 and 2014

usf i want a grudge match with these guys

wvu 08 and 09 it felt good to beat those guys in 09 after that sour taste in 08

whats our obsession with acc teams :blink:

To the extent I have any idea, I'll make a guess....geography?

someone told me it was because georgia tech and clemson are old rivalries the reason we play them so much i'm well aware of our rivalries with both of them, but if thats the case why not invite them into the sec, and im not Buying the rival school will block it, crap if ts true then why are we in the same conference with the turds, why are tennessee and vandy in the same conference, why are virginia, virginia tech, fsu, miami, oklahoma and oklahoma state in the same conference together?

Georgia, Florida and South Carolina have agreed to block any effort to admit Ga. Tech, FSU or Clemson to the SEC. They don't want the in-state recruiting competition from another SEC school. With those three protecting each other, there can't be admission of any of the three schools mentioned. Three votes blocks a new team's admission That's not some theory, that's solid fact.

As to the rest of your rant, I like playing Clemson and Tech and wish we did it more often.

Georgia, Florida and South Carolina have agreed to block any effort to admit Ga. Tech, FSU or Clemson to the SEC. They don't want the in-state recruiting competition from another SEC school. With those three protecting each other, there can't be admission of any of the three schools mentioned. Three votes blocks a new team's admission That's not some theory, that's solid fact.

As to the rest of your rant, I like playing Clemson and Tech and wish we did it more often.

you do realize when the sec was 1st formed most of the teams were probably wanting to block their rivals from joining you know that right?, auburn-alabama, georgia-georgia tech, tennessee-vandy , you realize that right

as to your reply i like playing tech and clemson too but seriously 3 years in a row???????????????? :blink:

anway if we do continue to play acc teams i guess i'd like to see us play boston college, fsu and miami

just for anyone wondering heres currently what our future nonconference games look like

washington state

jacksonville state

@kansas state

Call it a hunch but I think barnabascollins has posted here before, using a different name. again, just a hunch.

you do realize when the sec was 1st formed most of the teams were probably wanting to block their rivals from joining you know that right?, auburn-alabama, georgia-georgia tech, tennessee-vandy , you realize that right

No, they didn't. Back then they were forming a conference and needed members. You do realize that what happened 69 years ago in the establishment of a conference has nothing to do with today's dynamics and today's rules, right? Any three teams working together can block any new member's application for entry to the SEC. It's a percentage of votes thang...

Hey Mikey, I was thinking about this when we expaned to 14 teams. Georgia, Florida and South Carolina do not make 25% anymore (I think the rule is you need 75% approval to pass), they need a fourth. Who is their fourth, maybe Kentucky? So when (not if) we expand to 16, I like Clemson and FSU. Just a thought though, I may be wrong.

Hey Mikey, I was thinking about this when we expaned to 14 teams. Georgia, Florida and South Carolina do not make 25% anymore (I think the rule is you need 75% approval to pass), they need a fourth. Who is their fourth, maybe Kentucky? So when (not if) we expand to 16, I like Clemson and FSU. Just a thought though, I may be wrong.

I hope they can't get a fourth. Clemson and FSU would be great fits in the SEC.

Auburn plays ACC teams because of history and geography and the fact that they recruit the same guys we do. I was at the 2010 Clemson game and that was a fun game, Clemson fans were great all day. The SEC was formed many moons ago when Tulane didn't suck and the thought of mega conferences was down the road. As for future OOC games I want a crack at some Big 1(2)0 teams like Iowa and Michigan State.

Archived