"Former Tide Players sue NCAA over Scholarships"

MDM4AU

*******WARNING!!! LAWSUIT ABUSE!!*******

I can't find an article to link, but I am looking at the article in today's B'ham News. Derek and Dennis Debois are claiming "that the (NCAA's) limit on the number of football scholarships a school can give violates U.S. antitrust laws."

The suit follows one filed in Birmingham last month by Bradley Ledbetter, a former UA player.

Dennis was a QB/receiver 2002-'03. Derek was a receiver last season.

"It's about fairness to these players," said George Sampson, an attorney with Hagens Berman LLP in Seattle.  "without this artificial restriction, the players would stand a greatly improved chance of getting a scholarship."

You think? If we printed more money, everyone would stand a greater chance of having more in their wallets!

How about, if your clients were really talented enough to play at the D-I level, they would have stood a better chance at getting a scholarship. :roll:

The suits, which seek class-action status, allege restraint of trade, monopolization and conspiracy to monopolize.  It asks the court to order the NCAA to lift it's acholarship limit, for triple damages, interest and attorney's fees.

What a crock!

*******WARNING!!! LAWSUIT ABUSE!!*******

I can't find an article to link, but I am looking at the article in today's B'ham News. Derek and Dennis Debois are claiming "that the (NCAA's) limit on the number of football scholarships a school can give violates U.S. antitrust laws."

The suit follows one filed in Birmingham last month by Bradley Ledbetter, a former UA player.

Dennis was a QB/receiver 2002-'03. Derek was a receiver last season.

"It's about fairness to these players," said George Sampson, an attorney with Hagens Berman LLP in Seattle.  "without this artificial restriction, the players would stand a greatly improved chance of getting a scholarship."

You think? If we printed more money, everyone would stand a greater chance of having more in their wallets!

How about, if your clients were really talented enough to play at the D-I level, they would have stood a better chance at getting a scholarship. :roll:

The suits, which seek class-action status, allege restraint of trade, monopolization and conspiracy to monopolize.  It asks the court to order the NCAA to lift it's acholarship limit, for triple damages, interest and attorney's fees.

What a crock!

If they were good enough to gain a Div I scholly, surely they would have had offers from other schools. If in fact they did have other scholly offers, they have no case. They're more than enough scholly's for Div I prospects, and even more than that for Div II and Div III.

Archived