2013 4* DE Tashawn Bower (LSU signee)

RunInRed

Just committed to Auburn #WarEagle Thank you to everyone who has supported me through this process #proudtobeaspartan #soontobeatiger

@Tashawn_Bower

Posted Image

Tashawn Bower, DE

Somerville, NJ

6'5 / 241 / 4.51 (shuttle)

Offers: Arkansas, Clemson, Connecticut, Florida, Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, NC State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Washington and West Virginia, among others.

247Sports: 4* (#112 in Top247)

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 3*

Highlights: Here

Auburn up to No. 11 in team recruiting rankings (247Sports) following Tashawn Bower commit

Auburn is putting together one of nation's top DL classes with 5-star Carl Lawson, 4-star Dee Liner and 4-star Tashawn Bower

@BMatt247

Bower said he is solid in his commitment to Auburn and doesn't plan to entertain any other offers.

"I'm shutting it down," said Bower of his recruitment. "I'm done. I'm going to Auburn."

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I stay right across the school he goes to. Will try to greet him with a War Eagle :)

I stay right across the school he goes to. Will try to greet him with a War Eagle :)

Great! Give him a big War Eagle from all of us.

Wow--offers from many of the top FBS programs (Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, FSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Penn State, Virginia Tech, etc.) and only 3-4 stars?

Obviously those schools see something. My guess is his rankings will rise over the course of his senior season!

Welcome to your new home, Tashawn!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations to Tashawn Bower on his 4th star!

I just looked back at the first (June) post in this thread and thought: How can a kid with all these offers--"Arkansas, Clemson, Connecticut, Florida, Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, NC State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Washington and West Virginia, among others"--only be 3-stars in some rankings!

Congratulations to Tashawn Bower on his 4th star!

I just looked back at the first (June) post in this thread and thought: How can a kid with all these offers--"Arkansas, Clemson, Connecticut, Florida, Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, NC State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Washington and West Virginia, among others"--only be 3-stars in some rankings!

Farrell gave a thorough explanation on this today. He said at the first camp he went to in may that Bower showed very little effort and pretty much acted like he did not care. So he was dropped to a 3*. Then at the Opening in late June he drilled with a chip on his shoulder, learned a new move, performed well, and gave max effort so he got his 4th star back today. Rivals want to see Bower giving consistent affort before they move him up more in their next ranking in November.

Archived