2013 3* S Lemond Johnson (Tennessee signee)

RunInRed

Doubtful! Likely that; we either don't take both, ask 1 to not graduate early, or 1 won't be able to graduate early. All of these kids are too good to pay their own way.

Or they can graduate early and chill and train til May like Arik Armstead ended up doing.

U always throw out the most random exceptions! Yes, that could happen, but name another instance recently besides AA? It's highly unlikely, thus not fitting in with my 'likely' options.

I never said it was common. I just said it was an option.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great free article on Rival's about Johnson's Big Cat visit and his father, who is a highschool football coach, raving about Auburn. Also quotes Melton and Ryan Greens parents:

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1370754

Thanks for that link! Reading that gave me goosebumps. I can't say how much pride I get when I see parents talking abour our coaching staff and school with that much praise.

I love having a 6'0 4.5 QB as a db. Makes for a good defensive field general if he likes to ball hawk and hit. Welcome  and War Eagle Mr. Johnson.

Well the very little film on him I could find with him at WR showed he adjusted well to the ball in the air which is a very good skill for a safety in pass coverage.

Lemond Johnson will also be an early graduate. Only needs to pass two classes next fall to finish early.

@JHokanson

We need to line up at least 4 early enrollment guys. We've got four "backfill, use 'em or lose 'em" slots.

Oh wow, didn't realize that. Outstanding news.

Apologies, as I'm sure this has been discussed in their individual threads, but do we know of any other probable early enrollees of the other 12 commitments?

War Eagle Lemond!

I don't know of any more early enrollment guys at this time, but there could be some already committed and it just wasn't mentioned. Also, there's all summer and a fall term of high school left. With a little encouragement, some could qualify that are borderline right now.

I remember reading an article on how impressed his dad was at Big Cat Weekend. His dad was blown away by how much CGC included the parents in the process.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

this whole twitter thing. I take everything with a huge pinch of salt cause probably about 70% of the time they're wrong. Also stating that all golden is leaving and that we are in the hunt now for a 4* safety from Tex now that we have clemsons old db coach... I'll wait and see before i react to any of this

this whole twitter thing. I take everything with a huge pinch of salt cause probably about 70% of the time they're wrong. Also stating that all golden is leaving and that we are in the hunt now for a 4* safety from Tex now that we have clemsons old db coach... I'll wait and see before i react to any of this

The 2014 Clemson CB is true. Heavily looking at Auburn now.

So, are there legs to the rumor of him committing to Tennessee? If so, I wonder who the coaches have in mind to replace him, or if they will replace him this season.

Don't panic yet about Lemond. Could be just a courtesy visit for Coach Martinez. He was Auburn's lead recruiter on Lemond. Lemond really liked Auburn and I'm sure Coach Malzahn has contacted him.

i thought the whole deal with lemond and ut was that he found out he couldn't enroll early at Auburn.

Archived