2013 3* S Lemond Johnson (Tennessee signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a little puzzling to me with him being an EE, our lack of depth at safety and him being our only commit at the position but these guys get paid to make these decisions. Any idea's on where we may go now?

My guess is that Lemond is following his recruiter, Tommy Thigpin to Tennessee. We have more room for early enrolees than we are likely to be able to use. The "no room" thing doesn't make any sense. When you read it on the 'net and it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true.

This is a little puzzling to me with him being an EE, our lack of depth at safety and him being our only commit at the position but these guys get paid to make these decisions. Any idea's on where we may go now?

My guess is that Lemond is following his recruiter, Tommy Thigpin to Tennessee. We have more room for early enrolees than we are likely to be able to use. The "no room" thing doesn't make any sense. When you read it on the 'net and it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true.

Maybe but these stories are coming from his family and I'm having a hard time seeing a reason for them to lie.

Quote:"Maybe but these stories are coming from his family and I'm having a hard time seeing a reason for them to lie."

Are they saying his potential position coach moving to Tennessee has nothing to do with it? Also, what reason, specifically, does his family say Auburn is giving for not wanting him to enroll early? It's hard to believe it's grades since the kid has intended to enroll early since last summer. Next time you visit with his family ask them, this info would be good to know.

It could be Ellis Johnson did not evaluate Lemond as highly as BVG/Martinez did and this is the easy and polite way to let him go. Seems a little weird but it is better PR for both us and him to do it like this and make it seem just like a roster problem with EEs than pulling his offer which is embarrassing for him and dbag for us.

Just a possibility.

I still think it is ridiculou s that we are not honoring the EE especially since he has been faithfully committed.

Quote:"Maybe but these stories are coming from his family and I'm having a hard time seeing a reason for them to lie."

Are they saying his potential position coach moving to Tennessee has nothing to do with it? Also, what reason, specifically, does his family say Auburn is giving for not wanting him to enroll early? It's hard to believe it's grades since the kid has intended to enroll early since last summer. Next time you visit with his family ask them, this info would be good to know.

I don't know his family and if I gave the impression that I did then I apologize. They were quoted as saying Auburn didn't have room for him as an EE. That is the only quote from them that I have seen on the matter so I can't answer the rest of your questions.

Lemond's father made it clear during the hiring process that they were worried about having their scholarship/EE honored by the new coaching staff. Now we are hearing from them he is not able to EE so it would appear to a rationale observer we are passing on him in a nice way

Lemond's father made it clear during the hiring process that they were worried about having their scholarship/EE honored by the new coaching staff. Now we are hearing from them he is not able to EE so it would appear to a rationale observer we are passing on him in a nice way

Or trying to hold him off to NSD to see if coaches can get someone they want more.

Your right on that E. That's what I meant to imply was that we are relegating him to backup from Early Enrollee and won't be burned if we lose him. Just worried because I have't heard of too many pure safety prospects we have been going after

The guy has firm offers from Vandy, Duke and other highly regarded educational schools. If we're trying to sell something about grades we should have picked some other lie to tell. Anybody that can use his/her fingers to count on knows we have EE slots available.

I understand dumping the guy if the new staff isn't interested, I just don't like the idea of making up crap to justify it. We want these kids to "man up" and stick with commitment. If it is indeed AU that's crawfishing on Lemond Johnson, can we spell HYPOCRISY with an AU in it somewhere?

I don't even want to call it hypocrisy ... I think the right thing to do is honor all commitments. Period. These families have set things in motion on their end and that should be honored. Now if the family mutually agrees to the move by the new staff then so be it. But if the kid had intended on being an EE then that should be honored. Period.

Edit: so I guess I would be saying it isnt honorable to pull the rug out from under this kid.

If you aren't a fit or don't evaluate well by the new staff we shouldn't be forced to stick with you. Just like a kid isn't forced to stick with us.

The only reason I disagree for the Lemond case is that he has to alter his decision in a week which is unfair to him after being loyal.

If you aren't a fit or don't evaluate well by the new staff we shouldn't be forced to stick with you. Just like a kid isn't forced to stick with us.

The only reason I disagree for the Lemond case is that he has to alter his decision in a week which is unfair to him after being loyal.

The kid gets to go to :ut: a great school and a big time football program. It is not like the coaches waited till signing day, signed a player they liked better at the last second and then pulled his scholly-hmm who would do that? >:D

The kid gets to go to :ut: a great school and a big time football program. It is not like the coaches waited till signing day, signed a player they liked better at the last second and then pulled his scholly-hmm who would do that? >:D

Also Thigpen left to go to UT so there was a connection there.

still blows my mind we let Trooper go

its like people forgot what our recruiting was like before he came here

What was it like? Were kids arrested? Were we 0-8 and 3 -9? What was it like before?

It appears that we asked him to look at other options by telling him he couldn't enroll early.

Officially, he flipped to Tennessee because we would never just pull a scholarship like that. Bad PR

It appears that we asked him to look at other options by telling him he couldn't enroll early.

Officially, he flipped to Tennessee because we would never just pull a scholarship like that. Bad PR

And Lord knows we don't need any more bad PR lol.

Top notch student with multiple offers. We want kids to "stick with their commitment". Then we wishy-washy around shooting him some line of BS about an early enrollment problem instead of manning up and saying the new staff doesn't want him. We have three "use 'em or lose 'em" early enrollment slots. If we don't fill all three, you can add Roster Management Blunder to the other things being said about this decision to drift away from Lemond Johnson.

Very disappointing.

Shoo weee...we are bleeding gus...at this rate we will have all ark st commits and the towel boy come February... hate to be a downer guys but this is awful.Lemond and Davis were two of our more solid guys..Lemond is a killer athlete and a great student.

Archived