Derrick Green

RunInRed

From ESPN

Derrick Green is planning to take an official visit to Ole Miss for the Auburn game Oct. 13, the four-star tailback told ESPN via text message Sunday.

The ESPN 150 prospect from Richmond (Va.) Hermitage has expressed strong interest in both schools. Green has said helping build a program at Ole Miss is appealing. He has also expressed strong interest in Auburn. He has raved about two visits there and cited a close relationship with its coaching staff as a strong factor in his recruitment.

Green took an official visit to Tennessee for the Florida game Sept. 15. He has an official visit planned for the Michigan-Michigan State game Oct. 20, and he has said he'll definitely take an official visit to Auburn. He is also considering an official visit to Oregon and Virginia Tech.

On Friday, Green ran for 147 yards and a touchdown on 33 carries as Hermitage beat Richmond (Va.) Varina 20-17.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DG's running actually reminds me of several of the last few years RB's from our state rival. (Lacey, Richardson, and Ingram). Hopefully, Green will be wearing O&B. He is a punishing back. He is the one laying the wood on people. He was made to run in the tough SEC.

Brent Hubbs, Tennesses's rivals.com reporter, has been saying for awhile that Green was a UT/Michigan battle. After his OV for the Florida game, he is now saying that UT is his leader. Would love to hear Ellitor's or 23's reaction to this, if possible

Brent Hubbs, Tennesses's rivals.com reporter, has been saying for awhile that Green was a UT/Michigan battle. After his OV for the Florida game, he is now saying that UT is his leader. Would love to hear Ellitor's or 23's reaction to this, if possible

It's Tennessee therfore he is wrong as usual.

Green has been making visits telling the people at each place exactly what they want to hear. Therefore, at Auburn our "insiders" think we lead. At Tennessee their super-up-to-speed guys think they lead and wouldn't you just know it, Papa Wolverine thinks Greene is all sold on The Big House.

I doubt if Greene himself knows where he might sign in February but if you want to know who is happiest, just check the last place he visited. No matter where it was, they recently heard what they wanted to hear and think he's their guy.

Green has been making visits telling the people at each place exactly what they want to hear. Therefore, at Auburn our "insiders" think we lead. At Tennessee their super-up-to-speed guys think they lead and wouldn't you just know it, Papa Wolverine thinks Greene is all sold on The Big House.

I doubt if Greene himself knows where he might sign in February but if you want to know who is happiest, just check the last place he visited. No matter where it was, they recently heard what they wanted to hear and think he's their guy.

I have come to realize that happens a lot!

Didn't this same guy say Gabe Wright was a UT lock?

He probably did, and he wasn't far from wrong. It came down to a cat's whisker on the last day. Wright himself didn't made up his mind between AU and UT until signing day morning.

Read some of Greene's actual quotes from his Tennessee visit and you can see why they feel good about the situation. The only saving grace is that he said the same things here.

He probably did, and he wasn't far from wrong. It came down to a cat's whisker on the last day. Wright himself didn't made up his mind between AU and UT until signing day morning.

Read some of Greene's actual quotes from his Tennessee visit and you can see why they feel good about the situation. The only saving grace is that he said the same things here.

This is dead on...Oh and it's Green not Greene.

So Wright made up his mind that morning and then had the to go get a special hat made with Nick Who stitched in the back of the hat. That guy knows how to get things done quickly

So Wright made up his mind that morning and then had the to go get a special hat made with Nick Who stitched in the back of the hat. That guy knows how to get things done quickly

huh?

e: Don't you remember when Gabe committed he put on an AU hat that had "Nick Who?" stitched on it in a joking reference to Nick Fairley I'm pretty sure (as opposed to the other guy little nickie)?

e: Don't you remember when Gabe committed he put on an AU hat that had "Nick Who?" stitched on it in a joking reference to Nick Fairley I'm pretty sure (as opposed to the other guy little nickie)?

Yeah. Since the poster did not quote anything I did not know what he was referring to in a Derrick Green thread but I see now he was referring to the above post.

He probably had it made ahead of time. He did not decide til the day he signed. He faced heavy family preassure to go to UT.

Any news on Derrick? Isnt he supposed to cimmit in October?

Probably will be pushed Back to November since he is likely not visiting Auburn until then. He is visiting Ole Miss on Oct. 13th and Michigan Oct. 20th.

Any news on Derrick? Isnt he supposed to cimmit in October?

Probably will be pushed Back to November since he is likely not visiting Auburn until then. He is visiting Ole Miss on Oct. 13th and Michigan Oct. 20th.

No cimmint. :-X

I read on TD today that someone posted that Tenn was leading for Green as of today. They hedged this by saying that Green changes his mind every week. Their fans seem to always be a bit overly optimistic.....I hope this is not true, I think Green would be great at AU.

Since I don't fell like reading all the pages about Derrick, has he cut his list down to 5 yet? if so, who made the cut.

Archived