Derrick Green

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw DG, right in front of me at Tiger Walk. His mom seemed to be enjoying herself. She loves AU. His dad didnt say much. DG was impressed with the fan turnout and the friendliness. Told him War Eagle at the end of Tiger Walk. He said "War Eagle" and walked into the locker room.

You want to run on that offense behind that OL? But if you think about it, there is a ton of young talent on that OL with the proper S&C and coaching we could have a great OL in 1-2 years, but not with this coaching staff.

Total waste of a visit. Wow.

Agreed. Since our Coaches know they will be gone, most of them, I wish they had told DG to OV in January with the new staff instead of burning his OV now.

Supposedly his visit is going well

23 said he us having a fantastic time.

Until he says if Coach Chizik is let go, he won't sign with AU.

Did you word that the way you meant to? I can't understand what you are saying.

Supposedly his visit is going well

23 said he us having a fantastic time.

Until he says if Coach Chizik is let go, he won't sign with AU.

Did you word that the way you meant to? I can't understand what you are saying.

It was in reference to some of our commitments saying if Chizik is fired they will re-evaluate. I basically meant that I was waiting on DG to say he would sign if Chizik stays. Sorry it wasn't more clear.

I told you.

Bryan Matthews@BMatt247

4-star RB Derrick Green on AU coaches: 'They plan to be here and they’re not going anywhere.

damn. that sucks if he's right

11th Hour Coach-Speak. These guys have to keep on doing their jobs if they hope to have a whiff of a chance. De-commits and losing out to other schools are all just more nails in the coffin at this point. If Chiz were to say anything else, the word would spread b/n these guys.

I told you.

Bryan Matthews@BMatt247

4-star RB Derrick Green on AU coaches: 'They plan to be here and they’re not going anywhere.

damn. that sucks if he's right

11th Hour Coach-Speak. These guys have to keep on doing their jobs if they hope to have a whiff of a chance. De-commits and losing out to other schools are all just more nails in the coffin at this point. If Chiz were to say anything else, the word would spread b/n these guys.

All the more reason for Gogue to announce now that Chizik is gone affective December 1 instead of dragging this all out.

There is probably a legal precedent as far as the buyout is concerned that says once you notify him, that essentially means he's fired even if his last day isn't for several weeks. That said, I think given the recruiting class stability up to now in the face of this season, I would wait too. If the class had already imploded with defections left and right as really would not be surprising at this point, the admin MAY have decided it was worth it to go ahead and officially signal the change. As it is now, assuming the class stays committed at least publicly another few weeks through the end of the season, if you terminate Chiz one day and announce the next guy within 24 hours, we may be able to keep some of the guys from jumping off the train at all, eliminating the need to re-recruit them and thus re-gain their commitments. If we don't have a BIG hire soon after Chiz is let go, then I do expect there to be a very significant loss from the commitment ranks.

There is probably a legal precedent as far as the buyout is concerned that says once you notify him, that essentially means he's fired even if his last day isn't for several weeks. That said, I think given the recruiting class stability up to now in the face of this season, I would wait too. If the class had already imploded with defections left and right as really would not be surprising at this point, the admin MAY have decided it was worth it to go ahead and officially signal the change. As it is now, assuming the class stays committed at least publicly another few weeks through the end of the season, if you terminate Chiz one day and announce the next guy within 24 hours, we may be able to keep some of the guys from jumping off the train at all, eliminating the need to re-recruit them and thus re-gain their commitments. If we don't have a BIG hire soon after Chiz is let go, then I do expect there to be a very significant loss from the commitment ranks.

That's what I'm afraid of also- AU not having somebody in place immediately if Chiz is let go. Don't think we could afford a 5-6-7 week "search process".

Exactly when Chizik is let go doesn't matter much except it needs to be announced soon after the Iron Bowl. What is important is getting the new guy's name and face out there as soon as possible.

From that standpoint we may be much better off by delaying Chizik's firing until after the Iron Bowl, assuming the new coach won't want his hiring announced until after his current season is over.

That's what I'm afraid of also- AU not having somebody in place immediately if Chiz is let go. Don't think we could afford a 5-6-7 week "search process".

Plans can change but the plan is still to have a replacement named by mid December.

Archived