Derrick Green

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on Derrick? Been kinda quiet

Will not be anything untill he visits in November and even then there will not be much with this staff in limbo.

• 2 weeks later...

Justin Hokanson:

Five-star RB Derrick Green excited about official visit to Auburn and experiencing game day atmosphere.

Could 5-star Derrick Green decide soon after his official visit to Auburn? 'Maybe, we'll have to see'

5-star Derrick Green concerned about Auburn's season? 'One player can change a program -- Auburn needs a RB'

5-star Derrick Green claims a top six, but privately? 'In the back of my head, I've got my schools narrowed down'

Justin Hokanson:

Five-star RB Derrick Green excited about official visit to Auburn and experiencing game day atmosphere.

Could 5-star Derrick Green decide soon after his official visit to Auburn? 'Maybe, we'll have to see'

5-star Derrick Green concerned about Auburn's season? 'One player can change a program -- Auburn needs a RB'

5-star Derrick Green claims a top six, but privately? 'In the back of my head, I've got my schools narrowed down'

Let's get into this kids head then. War Eagle!!! :wareagle:

Justin Hokanson:

Tre Mason says hello.

Justin Hokanson:

Tre Mason says hello.

Tre is great and I love him but he can not wear down a D like Green can. They would be a powerful 1 2 punch though.

Justin Hokanson:

Tre Mason says hello.

Tre is great and I love him but he can not wear down a D like Green can. They would be a powerful 1 2 punch though.

Tre's also a true sophomore (gone in 2 years max), and, evidently, the only serious back we have after this season (unless Blakely and/or Grant have much better chemistry with the new staff than he has with this one). Green is right. We absolutely have to have a premiere RB in this class. Wilkins might be that guy, but it's clear that our coaches aren't making that assumption, and they're probably communicating that to Green.

Is Bryant not considering us anymore?

"Auburn needs a RB" is not necessarily a slight to Tre at all. How many SEC schools can thrive on one good RB (i.e. Mason)? It's a fact, we need a RB.

"Auburn needs a RB" is not necessarily a slight to Tre at all. How many SEC schools can thrive on one good RB (i.e. Mason)? It's a fact, we need a RB.

Spurrier agrees with you. Heavily. Saban and Richt don't disagree, either.

Tre will be better next year with a back like Green here, and Green will be better if he gets a chance to play alongside a back like Tre.

Oh, I agree that we need at least two good RB recruits this class, I just think is was a little forward of Green to make that public statement himself.

Ellitor, what do you think are chances are with green?

Other than likely Artis-Payne we Will not know anything on uncommitted recruits til our coaching situation is resolved.

Archived