2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

GB's highlights look better the more I watch. I noticed Scout has elusiveness as one of his areas for improvement, yet ESPN lists it as one of his "traits". I guess it's just a matter of subjectivity or lazy evaluations. I think he's pretty damn elusive in his own right. I mean, if you want to say part of being elusive is not being touched then he still seems above average in that regard. However, when you combine his cuts and vision with his physical prowess, he really creates his own opportunities to the point where just trying to be elusive doesn't really fit his style. All of his traits really compliment one another very well, in my opinion.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GB's highlights look better the more I watch. I noticed Scout has elusiveness as one of his areas for improvement, yet ESPN lists it as one of his "traits". I guess it's just a matter of subjectivity or lazy evaluations. I think he's pretty damn elusive in his own right. I mean, if you want to say part of being elusive is not being touched then he still seems above average in that regard. However, when you combine his cuts and vision with his physical prowess, he really creates his own opportunities to the point where just trying to be elusive doesn't really fit his style. All of his traits really compliment one another very well, in my opinion.

His cuts are not that great. It takes him a couple of steps and they are choppy. What makes them work and people miss is his exceptional vision allows him to set defenders up to miss.

His cuts are not that great. It takes him a couple of steps and they are choppy. What makes them work and people miss is his exceptional vision allows him to set defenders up to miss.

[/qoute] to play devil's advocate, I would say that if he did cut right away on many of his runs without the choppy steps he would end up running into a tackler. Also I believe there are a few times where he does show the ability to cut quickly

Bryant vision is unbelievable he also isnt scared to take a hit and runs with power.  Imo his cutting ability is ok he himseems to make alot of people miss but like ellitor says that can be set up by his vision.  Oh yeah he has speeeed.  He is the best rb in this class.  I know i have said that alot but Bryant impresses me more everytime i see him.  I am stoked about Bryant!!

Oklahoma commit but top RB recently visited AU...

Speaking of Auburn, I believe Sooners RB commit Greg Bryant is visiting there this wknd. Don't expect it, but a flip

from OU is possible

https://twitter.com/...871545786253313

Greg Bryant says Auburn and South Carolina coming at him hard

https://twitter.com/...797834169643011

2z6ds00.jpg

Greg Bryant, RB

Delray Beach, FL

5'11 / 197

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Bowling Green, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Florida State, Georgia, Illinois, LSU, Marshall, Miami (Fl.), Michigan State, Minnesota, Mississippi, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma*, Penn State, South Carolina, South Florida, Syracuse, USC, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and West Virginia, among others.

*Committed

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 72)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN150 - No. 30)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 28)

Scout: 4*

Bryant is a running back that runs with power behind his pads. He is someone that can run through tackles, get the extra yards after contact, and break tackles on a regular basis. He has good straight-line speed, but he is not an elusive back. He is a power guy, a straight ahead runner, and someone who can wear defenses down. He has also shown the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4705648

Now who do y'all this he looks like right here?

7_87012.JPG

At the risk of having Web Maters thrown at me...Trent Richardson.

Now who do y'all this he looks like right here?

7_87012.JPG

At the risk of having Web Maters thrown at me...Trent Richardson.

Exactly.. Hopefully he won't decide to grow that hair back out!

whos allen kenney and does he know anything?

Allen Kenney@BlatantHomerism

Whispers out there that Greg Bryant has finally flipped commitment from OU to auburn. No idea if true now, but think it will be soon enough

I saw this on the ticker on TOS BTW

Whispers out there that Greg Bryant has finally flipped commitment from OU to auburn. No idea if true now, but think it will be soon enough

He's a writer on http://www.blatanthomerism.com/

Interesting that an OU person has finally said something on it.

Is anybody else thinking this is planned by the OU media to get GB not to flip?

Nope.

You lost me there buddy...seems a little "black helicopter"

Lot of AU Mods seem to suggest that Bryant will commit this week. JLee has stayed confident that AU will get a commit Wed and out of Matthews, Bryant, Green and Adams, Bryant is the most likely. Kearse is committing (to us) on Friday or Sunday so that rules him out.

Not likely to be an OU media conspiracy. Also, unless he reaffirmed to OU and Stoops told him no more contact with AU, I don't see how this could hurt us.

From BMatt 5 minutes ago...

4-star running back Greg Bryant from American Heritage in Delray Beach, Fla., has NOT flipped his commitment from Oklahoma to Auburn as of Sunday night. Bryant visited Auburn in June and is expected back for an official visit this fall.

I just think that if GB does truley want to be a part of this class he knows as well as we do that he had better do it quick. With all this talk of DG possibly (unconfirmed) moving up his commitment it might have made him a little antsy. That said I have no idea where DG will go or when he will go, but im sure that GB doesnt either and just wants to be sure to get onboard first. but thats JMO

4-star running back Greg Bryant from American Heritage in Delray Beach, Fla., has NOT flipped his commitment from Oklahoma to Auburn as of Sunday night. Bryant visited Auburn in June and is expected back for an official visit this fall.

While JLee may be awful at predictions, he still is the closest recruiting analyst to Auburn's staff from what I have heard. Rivals was described as the "inhouse guys" to me by someone in the AD.

JLee is convinced that tuesday or wednesday that we get a commit and has been adamant about this for a week and hasn't budged from the position.

Please expand on who else it could be or if JLee is just full of shiznasty

And Reuben Foster was "Solid" to Alabama the day before he committed to AU.

Archived