2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

Guest jrljr

JLee just said auburn will move into top 4 team rankings in a few days.  Only people who can do that is M. Adams, D. Green, G. Bryant, OJ Howard, or Tray Matthews.

Prediction EDW? Im gonna say Bryant unless its an unexpecred commit.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JLee just said auburn will move into top 4 team rankings in a few days.  Only people who can do that is M. Adams, D. Green, G. Bryant, OJ Howard, or Tray Matthews.

Where is this quote?

Where is this quote?

Probably premium and can't be quoted. My guess is Bryant as well. But it is JLee so I am not holding my breath. lol

Where is this quote?

Probably premium and can't be quoted. My guess is Bryant as well. But it is JLee so I am not holding my breath. lol

I'm hoping Green, but it is way too early for him to commit.. I suppose I couldn't complain if Bryant did though.  :dunno:

J Lee predicted we would land Lattimore and Dee Hart.  I think he has solid info, but recruiting is such a fluid process I think he's naive to make some of the predictions he makes.  Hopefully things come through with Bryant, but I'll believe it when I see it.

J Lee predicted we would land Lattimore and Dee Hart.  I think he has solid info, but recruiting is such a fluid process I think he's naive to make some of the predictions he makes.  Hopefully things come through with Bryant, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Plus some of the info he let out probably screwed up some plans. Thar is why I say secrets are meant to stay secret in the recruiting world.

He may just be throwing stuff out and hoping he gets some credibility.

Isn't that how he lost credibility?  :laugh: :laugh:

Where is this quote?

I don't see anything on our Rivals site related to rankings and predictions, unless it was in the chat on the 23rd but it would have surfaced here before now if that was the case.  :dunno:

Ellitor that is a very good point.  Some info is meant to be kept hush thats qhy the coaches don't release it to public.  Bryant is very very good just thought i would add that.  Oh and so is green and we will get one of them to go along with our atud rb we already have committed :wareagle:

Jeez snagging both Wilkins and Green/Bryant would be so amazing. So for the 2013 season we would have a backfield consisting of Grant, Blakely, Mason, Robinson, Wilkins, and Green/Bryant. That blows my mind.

Sure he has missed some, but everyone (all mods, insiders, etc do). That is what happens when your information is about decisions made by 17-18 year olds, which can change minute to minute.  But the miss some, but they also get a lot right. Every AU site thought we had Lattimore up until a week before Signing Day.  Hart was enrolled in Auburn but never attended classes. And on Hart, I went to an post Signing Day event where Mark Murphy.  He was asked about Hart's recruitment and replied, "If Hart told me it was sunny outside, I'd grab my rain jacket."

Missing on predcitions happens all the time, even on here.  It comes with the territory.

Sure he has missed some, but everyone (all mods, insiders, etc do). That is what happens when your information is about decisions made by 17-18 year olds, which can change minute to minute.  But the miss some, but they also get a lot right. Every AU site thought we had Lattimore up until a week before Signing Day.  Hart was enrolled in Auburn but never attended classes. And on Hart, I went to an post Signing Day event where Mark Murphy.  He was asked about Hart's recruitment and replied, "If Hart told me it was sunny outside, I'd grab my rain jacket."

Missing on predcitions happens all the time, even on here.  It comes with the territory.

Cook I think the bigger gripe was his Collins 75% prediction when all other AU recruiting analysts had it 30-50%. If you go out on an island you better be right in many people's minds.

Prediction EDW? Im gonna say Bryant unless its an unexpecred commit.

Kearse?

Cook I think the bigger gripe was his Collins 75% prediction when all other AU recruiting analysts had it 30-50%. If you go out on an island you better be right in many people's minds.

Really, one instance is your basis? Not to mention that the coaches were being led to believe he was going to flip by Collins himself.  Heck, his final predicition last year before Signing Day had Leonard Williams, Darby, and Goldman going to the school they chose while every other site was predicting some if not all to Auburn. 

I just don't understand why people call out insiders/mods when they are wrong.  They are telling you what they are being told. One of the people who brings great information to Rivals constantly told people for the few months leading up to foster's flip that Foster was all Auburn. He would get called out on his Foster prediction because he stated during the week of Yeldon's flip that Yeldon was solid to Auburn.  Guess what, that was the info that he was getting about what the coaches felt about Yeldon. He states now that he picks Matthews to Auburn.  While pople trust him now (and I will wheter he is right or wrong), if Matthews doesn't flip, I'm sure quite a few on there and probably here will call him out for being wrong. 

Remember, dealing with kids, these predictions are made about the current time and can change on the drop of the dime in some cases.

Really, one instance is your basis? Not to mention that the coaches were being led to believe he was going to flip by Collins himself.  Heck, his final predicition last year before Signing Day had Leonard Williams, Darby, and Goldman going to the school they chose while every other site was predicting some if not all to Auburn. 

I just don't understand why people call out insiders/mods when they are wrong.  They are telling you what they are being told. One of the people who brings great information to Rivals constantly told people for the few months leading up to foster's flip that Foster was all Auburn. He would get called out on his Foster prediction because he stated during the week of Yeldon's flip that Yeldon was solid to Auburn.  Guess what, that was the info that he was getting about what the coaches felt about Yeldon. He states now that he picks Matthews to Auburn.  While pople trust him now (and I will wheter he is right or wrong), if Matthews doesn't flip, I'm sure quite a few on there and probably here will call him out for being wrong. 

Remember, dealing with kids, these predictions are made about the current time and can change on the drop of the dime in some cases.

sounds familiar

I respect JLee for throwing out there what he's hearing, I like knowing what the newest rumors are.  He's not making this stuff up himself.  He clearly has sources on the "inside" and in some cases has contact with the recruits directly.  

What's annoying is when people make vague predictions like, "we might have some good news coming by the end of the week or maybe at the end of the summer, or maybe on signing day" and then coming back to cash in E-cred pounding their chest and saying "told you so."

JLee is right some times and wrong some times, but in reality, he's just giving us what we want.  

It's not my basis. I was just relaying what the sentiment is from many Auburn fans on multiple boards. The reality is when you predicting were recruits go and you pick on a limb different from the other analysts you will look like a genius or be called out and get a bad rep depending on the outcome. Fair or not, it is reality.

It's not my basis. I was just relaying what the sentiment is from many Auburn fans on multiple boards. The reality is when you predicting were recruits go and you pick on a limb different from the other analysts you will look like a genius or be called out and get a bad rep depending on the outcome. Fair or not, it is reality.

So what about when he was the only one calling for the first Calloway flip (to AU) the night before the AA game, which he was the only one doing so?

I think, for whatever reason, people get to caught up in predicitions made by insiders/mods, and take it as the holy grail. People think they should never be wrong. Just doesn't make sense to me.

So what about when he was the only one calling for the first Calloway flip (to AU) the night before the AA game, which he was the only one doing so?

I think, for whatever reason, people get to caught up in predicitions made by insiders/mods, and take it as the holy grail. People think they should never be wrong. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Did not know praagraph 1 but you are right on paragraph 2. People should know the picks that Mods and insiders make are based on the info available to them at that moment. Things may change and that change may happen publicly before the insider has access to the info to where the change came from. Bird got Blistered for TJ last year by the AE members and that sucks because Bird has understandably been less open with his knowledge.

Did not know praagraph 1 but you are right on paragraph 2. People should know the picks that Mods and insiders make are based on the info available to them at that moment. Things may change and that change may happen publicly before the insider has access to the info to where the change came from. Bird got Blistered for TJ last year by the AE members and that sucks because Bird has understandably been less open with his knowledge.

Yea. The night before, JLee sent everyone in a tizzy saying that he didn't think we would except Frost's verbal if he wanted to commit to us during the game.  When pushed why, he finally shared that it was becasue Calloway was flipping the next day and there may not be room for both (kind of like the Green/Bryant situation). Bama boards went nuts.

My problem with JLee was his big thing about whooping bama on and off the field in 2010. He also made some bold statements about having some kind of info that would really hurt bama and all of that turned to crap... I think he gets a bit too homerish sometimes and personally some of his posts and articles just don't seem to be written very professionally. Personally I like Bryan Matthews the best but this is all just our opinions.

The best way to do this stuff is to see what Matthews, JLee, Hoke, and all the auburn insiders here along with a few national guys and you can kind of piece together what's going on. That's why last year I was pretty sure we were gonna miss on Goldman and Darby because only a few Auburn guys were predicting it while most national and a few other auburn guys were saying FSU. No one person out there is perfect so just try and gather as much info as you can and decide for yourself what you thinks gonna happen.

PS: This is why I come here so much because usually all of this info is collecting in these long player threads

Archived