2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J Lee predicted we would land Lattimore and Dee Hart.  I think he has solid info, but recruiting is such a fluid process I think he's naive to make some of the predictions he makes.  Hopefully things come through with Bryant, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Sure he has missed some, but everyone (all mods, insiders, etc do). That is what happens when your information is about decisions made by 17-18 year olds, which can change minute to minute.  But the miss some, but they also get a lot right. Every AU site thought we had Lattimore up until a week before Signing Day.  Hart was enrolled in Auburn but never attended classes. And on Hart, I went to an post Signing Day event where Mark Murphy.  He was asked about Hart's recruitment and replied, "If Hart told me it was sunny outside, I'd grab my rain jacket."

Missing on predcitions happens all the time, even on here.  It comes with the territory.

Cook I think the bigger gripe was his Collins 75% prediction when all other AU recruiting analysts had it 30-50%. If you go out on an island you better be right in many people's minds.

Really, one instance is your basis? Not to mention that the coaches were being led to believe he was going to flip by Collins himself.  Heck, his final predicition last year before Signing Day had Leonard Williams, Darby, and Goldman going to the school they chose while every other site was predicting some if not all to Auburn. 

I just don't understand why people call out insiders/mods when they are wrong.  They are telling you what they are being told. One of the people who brings great information to Rivals constantly told people for the few months leading up to foster's flip that Foster was all Auburn. He would get called out on his Foster prediction because he stated during the week of Yeldon's flip that Yeldon was solid to Auburn.  Guess what, that was the info that he was getting about what the coaches felt about Yeldon. He states now that he picks Matthews to Auburn.  While pople trust him now (and I will wheter he is right or wrong), if Matthews doesn't flip, I'm sure quite a few on there and probably here will call him out for being wrong. 

Remember, dealing with kids, these predictions are made about the current time and can change on the drop of the dime in some cases.

I'm sure he was quite right about Collins until Kouandijo announced he was coming to AU. If y'all remember, Collins didn't send his NLI in to LSpoo until after CK said he was coming to AU.

From soonerscoop.com

"Scoop staff had a chance to talk with Bryant's father at the RivalsChallenge in Atlanta last month he talked about how much he liked Oklahoma but did express some concerns"

"Also, suddenly Bryant has become much tougher to reach for Scoop"

and

"whatever happens in the next week is going to be far form the final word ?"

From soonerscoop.com

"Scoop staff had a chance to talk with Bryant's father at the RivalsChallenge in Atlanta last month he talked about how much he liked Oklahoma but did express some concerns"

and

Looks like the Scoop didn't get the latest scoop on Bryant.

From soonerscoop.com

and

Looks like the Scoop didn't get the latest scoop on Bryant.

:laugh: :laugh:

You know I have to say, it amazes me that we stand to potentially flip this kid from Oklahoma, not exactly a slouch school, after he's only had one visit to campus.  I mean seriously?  We must be getting really good @ what we're doing (Obvious statement of the year?  Maybe.).

Any further ideas as to when he might switch?

You know I have to say, it amazes me that we stand to potentially flip this kid from Oklahoma, not exactly a slouch school, after he's only had one visit to campus.  I mean seriously?  We must be getting really good @ what we're doing (Obvious statement of the year?  Maybe.).

Best guess now is within a few weeks.

I'd bet on by the middle of this week if not sooner.

So is it a race between Green and Bryant? First to commit wins, the second is left out of the class?

So is it a race between Green and Bryant? First to commit wins, the second is left out of the class?

Shaping up that way.

Yep

Yep

Ok...I have a question that has nothing to do with this thread and I apologiize, but what does it mean when someone quotes a post but doesn't add anything to their own post? :dunno:  I just want to understand.  My best guess is the poster is agreeing with the quoted statement...or just inflating post count.  Can someone help me out?

I'd bet on by the middle of this week if not a sooner.

My first post. FIFY  :happydance:

Shaping up that way.

Since we took two RB's and were seemingly planning (at one point) on one...do we have to back off of anyone? I know we were looking at having another OL or two, another WR (Kearse?), Luper, Adams, and Matthews...if we add one of these RB's that puts us at 24...do we have room for that now that Rose is gone? I would think if we do we would back off of an extra OL to save room for a potential addition of Wiggins/Howard.  Ellitor? Cooke? Jonesy? Anyone who knows more than me?

Ok...I have a question that has nothing to do with this thread and I apologiize, but what does it mean when someone quotes a post but doesn't add anything to their own post? :dunno:  I just want to understand.  My best guess is the poster is agreeing with the quoted statement...or just inflating post count.  Can someone help me out?

Yep

Sometimes posters do what you just did.  Add their comments in between the /quote area so its hard to find.  

It is either that their post was placed within the quotes and you have to look for it, like yours is above or it is done as a sign of agreement.

It is either that their post was placed within the quotes and you have to look for it, like yours is above or it is done as a sign of agreement.

just noticed my  mistake and fixed it.  :laugh: Somewhat ironic, I suppose.

just noticed my  mistake and fixed it.   :laugh: Somewhat ironic, I suppose.

no worries, we all do it.

Thanks for he the quick replies, BB and Bourne.

You're welcome  ;)

You're welcome  ;)

That was awfully nice of you to help bird

You're welcome  ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Since we took two RB's and were seemingly planning (at one point) on one...do we have to back off of anyone? I know we were looking at having another OL or two, another WR (Kearse?), Luper, Adams, and Matthews...if we add one of these RB's that puts us at 24...do we have room for that now that Rose is gone? I would think if we do we would back off of an extra OL to save room for a potential addition of Wiggins/Howard.  Ellitor? Cooke? Jonesy? Anyone who knows more than me?

The latest projection is 22 to 25. Luper is not a given. Rose helps but we need a few more pieces of attrition to gt to the projected numbers. The 4 of Monty, Kearse, Tray, and Bryant/Green look likely now so that would leave 1 to 4 for the best available.

Didn't mean to jack this thread again, so I'll do my part to get it back on track.  I've watched GB's highlights numerous times on youtube, and am very impressed.  But if we take the first to commit as mentioned earlier in this thread, the DG thread, or the Domino thread (to many to keep up with), I think I'm rooting for DG to pull the trigger first.  At the end of the day, I really don't think we go wrong with either recruit.

Archived