2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

Way to destroy my night Ellitor

;) it will all work out......

Spill it, Golf!!!!!  :pcprobs:

well its a long story but I plan on being committed again next week.

FTFY ~ a4e  :laugh:

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noone should have believed that he had actually switched his commitment tonight. As golf is saying, I would expect something maybe later on this week or possibly next week.

I don't get all of this, given our depth chart. What am i missing?  :dunno:  >:(

What don't you get?

I'm assuming that some or part of these rumors are somewhat true. With a solid RB in the fold already for the 2013 class whose clearly no slouch, and given the age and talent of our current depth chart, why more RB's are seriously looking at us. It's not that I don't think we're good enough to warrant the attention, it's the depth issue.

I don't get all of this, given our depth chart. What am i missing?  :dunno:  >:(

What don't you get?

I'm assuming that some or part of these rumors are somewhat true. With a solid RB in the fold already for the 2013 class whose clearly no slouch, and given the age and talent of our current depth chart, why more RB's are seriously looking at us. It's not that I don't think we're good enough to warrant the attention, it's the depth issue.

I understand where you are coming from. We have like 3 RB's at the moment who are considered Sophomores, and who are all VERY good. Then we got Jovon Robinson who is an upcoming freshman, who I would only assume would be a good runningback. On top of all that, we get a commitment from Wilkins. Now, it's coming down to Greg Bryant and Derrick Green, appearing that Bryant is going to be the one to make the first move. That will give us 6 runningback options for 2013. Why we are doing it, and how, I'm not sure. But I will take it! The more options we have, the better the competition for the starting spot. However, I do think that in Loeffler's offense, he has several plays that use a double-back set. Having a nice rotation in that system with the RB's will be AMAZING. I would like to have just one main starting runningback though. I would think that Bryant and/or Wilkins will redshirt their first year.

What don't you get?

You have to understand that every top program has a couple of running backs so they all have a depth issue. If you are really good you play early if not you probably play your junior and senior year. you can also use several backs in a game. Then you may have one get hurt and be out for the year and you need one just as good to take his place. look at dee hart for alabama.

What don't you get?

You have to understand that every top program has a couple of running backs so they all have a depth issue. If you are really good you play early if not you probably play your junior and senior year. you can also use several backs in a game. Then you may have one get hurt and be out for the year and you need one just as good to take his place. look at dee hart for alabama.

Running back is also a position where the elite almost always go pro after three. So chances are you'll never have to wait too long.

AU has 11 rb on roster

UpDykes have 9

Arky has 11

UF has 12

UGA has 14

LSU has 17

Depends on the team's needs as to how many rbs are required.

whos allen kenney and does he know anything?

Allen Kenney@BlatantHomerism

Whispers out there that Greg Bryant has finally flipped commitment from OU to auburn. No idea if true now, but think it will be soon enough

I saw this on the ticker on TOS BTW

Hope this guy knows what he is talking about.

Whispers out there that Greg Bryant has finally flipped commitment from OU to auburn. No idea if true now, but think it will be soon enough

@BMatt247

4-star RB Greg Bryant has not flipped from Oklahoma to Auburn (Free/Mobile) http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Greg-Bryant-has-not-flipped-from-Oklahoma-to-Auburn-11081873 via @247Sports

@BMatt247

4-star RB Greg Bryant has not flipped from Oklahoma to Auburn (Free/Mobile) http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Greg-Bryant-has-not-flipped-from-Oklahoma-to-Auburn-11081873 via @247Sports

Read his entire quote again, especially his second sentence.

@BMatt247

Oh yeah, I think it's become obvious now that Bryant will be the one to commit instead of Green.

@BMatt247

"Bryant visited Auburn in June and is expected back for an official visit this fall."? I think that was expected though. :dunno:

Seriously? NO this part...."No idea if true now, but think it will be soon enough"

@BMatt247

"Bryant visited Auburn in June and is expected back for an official visit this fall."? I think that was expected though. :dunno:

Seriously? NO this part...."No idea if true now, but think it will be soon enough"

You didn't specify who you were talking about, but I got it.

We are supposedly transitioning into a more power running team and will need more bruiser backs. Right now we have a few speedsters, a couple of tweeners, 1 bruiser and a potential bruiser by the time Wilkins grows a little more. We need more guys to punish the middle, we're set on the edges for a while.

We are supposedly transitioning into a more power running team and will need more bruiser backs. Right now we have a few speedsters, a couple of tweeners, 1 bruiser and a potential bruiser by the time Wilkins grows a little more. We need more guys to punish the middle, we're set on the edges for a while.

Agreed. Also one thing I have noticed about Coach Chiz and recruiting, he wants two RB's per class. Which I am all for. IMO you can never have enough RB's, especially in our league.

From BMatt 5 minutes ago...

4-star running back Greg Bryant from American Heritage in Delray Beach, Fla., has NOT flipped his commitment from Oklahoma to Auburn as of Sunday night. Bryant visited Auburn in June and is expected back for an official visit this fall.

While JLee may be awful at predictions, he still is the closest recruiting analyst to Auburn's staff from what I have heard. Rivals was described as the "inhouse guys" to me by someone in the AD.

JLee is convinced that tuesday or wednesday that we get a commit and has been adamant about this for a week and hasn't budged from the position.

Please expand on who else it could be or if JLee is just full of shiznasty

I was not saying or implying it was not going to happen. I was just relaying what BMatt said. Much like Smuphy I expect 3 commitments the next 10 days.

You know I have to say, it amazes me that we stand to potentially flip this kid from Oklahoma, not exactly a slouch school, after he's only had one visit to campus.  I mean seriously?  We must be getting really good @ what we're doing (Obvious statement of the year?  Maybe.).

Any further ideas as to when he might switch?

Best guess now is within a few weeks.

I'd bet on by the middle of this week if not a sooner.

My first post. FIFY  :happydance:

Nice! Keep up the good work!

:we:

Guys, let me go OT for a minute, in order to give kudos to a couple of our regulars, who went toe-to-toe with some posters on TOS about the commitment status of this kid.  ( You know who you are!!).  They represented us very well on a site that considers themselves to be smarter, better connected, more football-savvy, and more informed than we peons.  We obviously are inferior because we can't afford to subscribe to a pay site, but if the truth be known,  they mostly come over here to find out what's going on.  Some of their posts are so out-of-date and naive that it's embarassing!!  Way to go, guys!!

So what is the latest with Greg Bryant? When is he making his trip and what are we hearing about a possible commitment coming from him?

Been on vacation and haven't read for a week. Would prefer a quick update instead of having to read 8 pages to catch up.

Thanks

So what is the latest with Greg Bryant? When is he making his trip and what are we hearing about a possible commitment coming from him?

Been on vacation and haven't read for a week. Would prefer a quick update instead of having to read 8 pages to catch up.

Thanks

He is a blogger for OU that runs the website blantanthomerism   he writes about OU football

Lot of AU Mods seem to suggest that Bryant will commit this week. JLee has stayed confident that AU will get a commit Wed.

4-star running back Greg Bryant from American Heritage in Delray Beach, Fla., has NOT flipped his commitment from Oklahoma to Auburn as of Sunday night. Bryant visited Auburn in June and is expected back for an official visit this fall.

The quoted posts below yours are the latest.

Thanks

He is a blogger for OU that runs the website blantanthomerism   he writes about OU football

Lot of AU Mods seem to suggest that Bryant will commit this week. JLee has stayed confident that AU will get a commit Wed.

The quoted posts below yours are the latest.

Dangit, E. You make my smartassery much less potent. Shouldn't you be required to have a certain post count before you can request a recap of a weeks worth of posts? You're making it too easy on these guys...  ;D

Archived