2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

Guys, let me go OT for a minute, in order to give kudos to a couple of our regulars, who went toe-to-toe with some posters on TOS about the commitment status of this kid.  ( You know who you are!!).  They represented us very well on a site that considers themselves to be smarter, better connected, more football-savvy, and more informed than we peons.  We obviously are inferior because we can't afford to subscribe to a pay site, but if the truth be known,  they mostly come over here to find out what's going on.  Some of their posts are so out-of-date and naive that it's embarassing!!  Way to go, guys!!

The tribal instinct of man is never-ending.  You're telling me Auburn folks on premium sites consider other Auburn fans inferior because they post on a free site? 

That's hilarious. 

:laugh:

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is the latest with Greg Bryant? When is he making his trip and what are we hearing about a possible commitment coming from him?

Been on vacation and haven't read for a week. Would prefer a quick update instead of having to read 8 pages to catch up.

Thanks

Allen Kenney@BlatantHomerism

Whispers out there that Greg Bryant has finally flipped commitment from OU to auburn. No idea if true now, but think it will be soon enough

He is a blogger for OU that runs the website blantanthomerism   he writes about OU football

Lot of AU Mods seem to suggest that Bryant will commit this week. JLee has stayed confident that AU will get a commit Wed.

From BMatt 5 minutes ago...

4-star running back Greg Bryant from American Heritage in Delray Beach, Fla., has NOT flipped his commitment from Oklahoma to Auburn as of Sunday night. Bryant visited Auburn in June and is expected back for an official visit this fall.

The quoted posts below yours are the latest.

Dangit, E. You make my smartassery much less potent. Shouldn't you be required to have a certain post count before you can request a recap of a weeks worth of posts? You're making it too easy on these guys...  ;D

Trust me. Smartassery was and is always my first instinct as well but I thought I would be nice for a change.  :-\

So what is the latest with Greg Bryant? When is he making his trip and what are we hearing about a possible commitment coming from him?

Been on vacation and haven't read for a week. Would prefer a quick update instead of having to read 8 pages to catch up.

Thanks

Allen Kenney@BlatantHomerism

Whispers out there that Greg Bryant has finally flipped commitment from OU to auburn. No idea if true now, but think it will be soon enough

He is a blogger for OU that runs the website blantanthomerism   he writes about OU football

Lot of AU Mods seem to suggest that Bryant will commit this week. JLee has stayed confident that AU will get a commit Wed.

From BMatt 5 minutes ago...

4-star running back Greg Bryant from American Heritage in Delray Beach, Fla., has NOT flipped his commitment from Oklahoma to Auburn as of Sunday night. Bryant visited Auburn in June and is expected back for an official visit this fall.

The quoted posts below yours are the latest.

Dangit, E. You make my smartassery much less potent. Shouldn't you be required to have a certain post count before you can request a recap of a weeks worth of posts? You're making it too easy on these guys...  ;D

Trust me/ Smartassery was and is always my first instinct as well but I thought I would be nice for a change.  :-\

Smartassery--what a novel concept!! I like it! I like it!  :laugh:

I haven't seen many catches in his highlight films and kind of wondered what kind of skills he had catching the football out of the backfield. Then I ran across this little nugget from a Nike camp in Orlando earlier this year:

"(Ryan) Green and Bryant are two of the best backs in the state so it was no surprise to see them look good in just about everything they did. As good as Green performed, Bryant might have been more impressive with the way he got out of the backfield and ran routes. He dropped one here or there but it was still pretty amazing to see a guy as big as he was move as well as he did."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ando-nike-camp

Saw this one another site:

Bryant has taken off his twitter that he is a Oklahoma commit

And what does this tell us...??  :dunno:

And what does this tell us...??   :dunno:

That it's better for us now that it's not on there ?  ;D

And what does this tell us...??   :dunno:

That it's better for us now that it's not on there ?  ;D

Nothing's getting by this guy on a Monday!!! Haha!

News should get even better as the day goes on.

Be patient guys  ;)

JLee has been pretty careful this recruiting cycle and hasn't stuck his neck out after get his arse handed to him last cyle. I have a hard time believing that he is sticking his head out and changing that this early in the cycle. I believe we getting someone this week and I think the only one that makes sense the next couple days is Bryant

This was from the 25th but never posted so...

@auburn_dave

@gb4heritage Greg, you gonna be in Auburn this weekend ?

@gb4heritage

@auburn_dave Maybe next week

And another note. He has only retweeted pro Auburn tweets the past 4 days and he deleted a tweet he made a few days ago saying yes when someone asked if he was still committed to OU.

Just checked GB's twitter feed, he called out both AU and Oklahoma fans to follow him on twitter.  So....go follow him.

That was 6 days ago...it was before the stuff I posted about in my last post that seems to be pro Auburn.

Archived