Wireless router question

Hi guys. Im currently running a DLink xtreme G wireless router. I absolutley love it but seem to be having a problem.

Every once in a while I have trouble with DNS resolution with it. Its really weird. If I type in the physical address of a website (www.blah.whatever) it will resolve fine, but if i just do like http://blah.com or blah.com(dns lookup) it wont find it.

But if I reboot my router...sometimes it will start working fine.

Also, it sometimes seems to be affected by another computer logging on to the network. But I checked the IP's and there is no device conflict on the network.

You guys ever had this problem?

On that same note im unable to click on the items in my favorites. It always tells me cant find server... :(

Could this be a Charter thing because I suddenly have the same problems, Tig and I are on Charter, I know.

hmm go figure. Who would ever guess that Charter would be messed up..<sigh>

Concerning your dlink router: Check to see if you have the latest version of the firmware. Sometimes an upgrade will fix annoying little problems.

That is catagorically a DNS server problem. Your router just "routes packets", it does not resolve host names to IPs or vice versa...

David actually made that link b/c i am having the problem and he is also having the problem and we both are on charter. So he made that connection.

FYI... I'm on Charter just outside of St Louis, and this problem is not happening.

I mean would it suprise you that charter is having an issue??? Doesnt me i mean last week my cable and modem went out. I called and asked if they were experiencing an outage and the rep so not that im aware of. I said ok lets set up a time so yuou guys can come out here and please forward me to billing so i can get a discount on my service for the days im without. He called back 15 minutes later and said that he had canceled my service call b/c charter hd discovered an outage in the AUburn area lol. Now i understand outages on bad weather days but this was the only sunny day all week last week and poof. If I wasnt scared i would lose my local channels i would switch to Direct TV and modem service in a heartbeat. (Auburns only other option)

FYI... I'm on Charter just outside of St Louis, and this problem is not happening.

You are on different servers than those of us down here in Alabama tho.

I have yet to have a problem with charter...but that doesnt mean its not the problem now.

But tech support from charter or comcast is a waste of time...

Archived