If we could get Bobby Knight

auburn4ever

If and when they make a change, most people I have talked to believe we do, indeed, need a big name here.  Jeff Lebo is a great basketball coach, but has had problems bringing in talent.  I am not saying that I want him gone, but if he does go then a big name coach could come in and bring in some talent just because of who he is.  It would just be a good jump start for this program for someone to come in near the end of his career and take over this program.  Then, when he is ready to retire, after winning some games and getting people interested in Auburn Basketball, he can turn the reigns over to a young up and coming hotshot to continue the success.

Someone please remind me what happened during Ellis years, the violations, the resons we acnnot go after AAU players..Im lost..why cant we recruit...Thanks

From what I understand, there was an issue that money was being funneled to players.  The coach at AAU was deemed a representative of AU and AU was forbidden from dealing with him.

(I could be wrong...that is the impression I get.)

IMO, if we had a big name coach, we would fill the new arena for all home games next year. Someone like Bobby Knight would be the right ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived