Auburn in Atlanta

auburn4ever

With Alabama playing in Atlanta last year against Clemson and again this year against Va. Tech, what are the chances of us playing in Atlanta to open our season against an ACC team? I've heard Alabama got around 2 or 3 million for playing in that game in 08. I guess the same will be true when they play Virginia Tech.

I just hope can get a game like that scheduled. I know ESPN has helped in scheduling those two games for Alabama against 2 ACC teams in back to back years.

If we go back to Atlanta, I want us to have a shot at Ga. Tech. I for one would love for us to get a chance at alittle payback to the old Wramblin Wreck. I can remember when this used to be a huge rivalry for us and if for nothin else lets bring back some Wreck Tech Pajama parties.

:we:

Guest auburn warrior

yeah i heard that was a big rivalry when the iron bol was put on hold ive even heard some fans say drop the rivalry with bama and go back to playing georgia tech

I'd like to see us start that big rivalry up again. It was always alot of fun. Unlike series with Bammer, Ga, LSU, OM and others, there's never really been any down right hate between the two teams and their fans.

An Auburn/North Carolina or AU/Ga. Tech matchup would be a nice way to open the season for both teams. Maybe something can be worked out for the 2011 or 2012 season.

If for no other reason, I know it would help us alot in recruiting plus we can always use the big $ they pay out to both schools.

Archived