Tourney...again

AUCorpsman

So they guys are playing there butts off, they look as good as they have all season. Barring a tourney win, I don't see us in the big dance but what about the NIT.  Someone posted a link that had us as a six seed in the NIT.  Is this team poised for a huge run in the NIT?  I also have to think that would buy Coach Lebo a great degree of leeway with the fans.  Just curious what ya'll think.  :wedance:

I think the team is poised for a big run because of the level they have been playing at for the past few weeks.  Odds are always with the teams that enter the tournament on a high winning streak.  I feel that we have a good shot to do well in the NIT if we can continue this high level of play.  Although, the SEC is down this year, they are still quality opponents.  If we play well through the tournament, even though we may get a tough loss, look for us to continue rolling as long as we enter the tourney on a high note. 

Regarding Lebo, I agree that this has definitely earned him some time.  He has shown he can finally win and after bringing in the players he is bringing in next year, he may have finally earned himself a stable job.  I hope he continues to win.  I really like him as a person and as long as he can prove he can win, I am fully behind him. 

Well i can tell you one thing, this Auburn team has really put things together the past few weeks. When they make the NIT Tourney, if they don't win the SEC Tourney and make the NCAA Tourney, I think this Auburn team can go very deep. Making a deep run in the NIT would do wonders for this team and Coach Lebo. If everyone remembers, the Auburn women made the WNIT a couple years ago and ended up winning it. That WNIT Tourney Championship did wonders for the women and I think it could do the same for the men. Let's get behind this team and show them that we are here cheering for them through the good and the bad. I have talked 5 of my friends into going to Loserville Tuesday for the Auburn - Alabama game. I am behind Coach Lebo and this streaking Auburn team no matter what!! WAR EAGLE!!

The only way into the big dance is a tournament champoinship.  I don't see any other way.  Too many bad losses, not enough big wins, and a crap RPI.  We need to make some noise in the SEC Tournament  :wedance:

Archived