'10 LB's

bigbird

Hey Sportstalk, let me first say to you and your site what a wonderful job you do keeping us sane throughout the misery of the offseason.  Living half way between Baylor and UT (45 min north or south) and only an hour away from TAM you can imagine what unbelievable dribble I have to listen to when it comes to sports radio in my area (although it is still better than Finebaum), so your site is pretty much the only reprieve I have from the misguided masses that surround me. SOOO, thanks again for all the effort you and your staff put in for us.

Question:  Undercover has a little snipit about potential LB's for our next class and listed a few of them, can you give some insight on any of them (i.e how good are they really, chances of landing, or any possible leans), here is the list they have.

Jeff Luc

Corey Nelson

C.J. Mosley

Jake Holland

LaDarius Owens

Barry James

Jawara White

Thanks

Well I am glad you can get on here and ease your pain from having to be the middle of all those Texas schools  :tdau:

The ones I like and feel like we can land are: C.J. Moseley, Jawara White, and Barry James. I really like our chances with Barry James b/c I would count Alabama out for him b/c he doesn't like James Willis anymore after lying him several times. My favorites are Moseley and White. I have seen lots of videos on White and he is very, very impressive. IMO, I think that he is ours to lose as long as Auburn wants him as bad as he wants to be at Auburn. I'm not sure which ones we land b/c this coaching staff knows who they want and they go non-stop on them. As they visit I will get some comments from them but as of right now I like the 3 above.

I like our chances with the ones SportTalk listed as well. I dont think we have a shot with Luc, he stays in FL IMO. I would love to land Owens and Holland as well. They both look impressive on tape.

Does it seem to any one else that, besides White, we are targeting a larger type of LB now compared to what CTT used to recruit? and if so, is that because that is what is available, or is it a conserted effort by the new staff to bulk up our historically smaller, faster LB corp?

I hope it means we are going for big AND fast...Not that they are easy to find, but we need LBs with both qualities, if we can get them...

Archived