Where do we stand

TIGERZFAN

I Know we don't need to get too far ahead but we need to get someone in that can run this offense, And don't get me wrong i think that any of our's can learn it but this is a major major part of us being a top contendor is how well someone can break down the whole scheme of things with this offense

I just answered your question.  I don't think that we have even offered any quarterback this year, they have the guys they want and they are redshirting learning the offense as we speak.

We have offered a big guy from Florida for the 2011 class.

I Know we don't need to get too far ahead but we need to get someone in that can run this offense, And don't get me wrong i think that any of our's can learn it but this is a major major part of us being a top contendor is how well someone can break down the whole scheme of things with this offense

This isn't RichRod's spread option that you can pull a Pat White or a Tate Forcier and plug him in to make it work. Tyrik Rollison is perfect for this offense, though, and he's learning it during a redshirt year. The battle will probably come down to him and Trotter for the starting position next season...and Trotter ran a similar offense in high school, as well.

There are, however, a few QBs in the 2011 class that Auburn is going after pretty hard.

The recruiting info comes from rivals.com. The rest comes from knowing some things about football and following Auburn pretty closely.

Tyrik is the future of Auburn football. I think he'll start next year and I think that once he grasps the full offense (passing game and everything), with all the talent he'll have around him, he could be the best QB we've seen since Jason Campbell's 04 season. One thing for sure is that he'll bring the dual threat to the Quarterback position; something we haven't seen since Dameyune Craig.

:wedance:

Tyrik is the future of Auburn football. I think he'll start next year and I think that once he grasps the full offense (passing game and everything), with all the talent he'll have around him, he could be the best QB we've seen since Jason Campbell's 04 season. One thing for sure is that he'll bring the dual threat to the Quarterback position; something we haven't seen since Dameyune Craig.

:wedance:

D. Craig is probably as good a comparison for Tyrik as we'll find...except he's not playing with nothing but other Tater Tot recruits...

As far as the fight coming down to him and Barrett, I'd be really surprised if Barrett won it out. Nothing against him because he is a good looking QB, but Tyrik is extremely talented in almost every aspect of the game. Hopefully, he's got the brain to match the physical skill.

As far as the fight coming down to him and Barrett, I'd be really surprised if Barrett won it out. Nothing against him because he is a good looking QB, but Tyrik is extremely talented in almost every aspect of the game. Hopefully, he's got the brain to match the physical skill.

I think you're probably right, but I'm leaving the door open for Trotter.

Archived