Eric Mack Visit

JasonsDad

:timeout:USC commitment OL Eric Mack told the BigSpur.com that he will not take an unofficial visit to Auburn this weekend and is fully committed to the Gamecocks . . .

The State (Columbia, S.C.)

Thoughts???  Does anyone have an update?

I respect Mack for staying close to home and being a father to his child but it's probably not the best decision career-wise.  AU is on a bigger stage than SC and will consistently contend for the SECC.  I don't think SC ever will win the SEC East.

The article is posted on Tigerland this morning.  We need the big guy. But it happens. Like ST said " it's a rollercoaster". I hope it does not have a negative influence on Latt. I sorta thought we were 50/50 at best with Mack anyway and had a bit of a hill to climb there.

Yea... you are correct about his future.  Alot bigger stage at Auburn.  But again blood is thicker than water. If it was my child I would probably stay home as well.

Seems like you are right about the 29th.  But I think we are probably done there. Oh well. There more big fish in the sea. War eagle!!!!!!

Whether he takes a visit here or not I still feel pretty good but a visit would really sell me.

ST, why do you fell confident about him if he keeps telling us that he's fully committed to the cocks?

He isn't telling Auburn guys that he is fully committed to the Cocks.....if he has I wanna link to that article. Also, don't you remember he told the Cock writers that I asked him to put the Auburn visor on.....He asked me to put the Auburn visor on. Just give it time and let it play out. Unless something drastically changes, I still believe he signs with Auburn.

I have been a member for a few weeks now and love all of the recruiting info. I have been a recruiting junkie for the last 3 years, with this one being the best yet.... We need all of the big men we can get, the game of FOOTBALL IS WON IN THE TRENCHES !!!! BIG MAN ON BIG MAN!  COME ON BIG MACK ! AT AU YOU WILL BECOME A NFL SUPERSTAR!!

Whether he takes a visit here or not I still feel pretty good but a visit would really sell me.

ST, why do you fell confident about him if he keeps telling us that he's fully committed to the cocks?

He isn't telling Auburn guys that he is fully committed to the Cocks.....if he has I wanna link to that article. Also, don't you remember he told the Cock writers that I asked him to put the Auburn visor on.....He asked me to put the Auburn visor on. Just give it time and let it play out. Unless something drastically changes, I still believe he signs with Auburn.

True.. I forgot about the visor deal. But sounds good to me  :thumbsup:

I'm just telling you how I see it. Mack might end up at USCe but it's only because of his family (kid). I couldn't blame him one bit for ending up at USCe. I can tell you one thing though, If I wanted to get to the NFL then I would head to Auburn over USCe any day.

Currently, 29 former AU players play in the NFL.  20 players from SC play in the NFL.  If he's an NFL talent, they'll find him.  It's not like he is sacrificing a possible future in the NFL by choosing to play for Spurrier.  That said, I want him at AU. :)

ST.  you have been on the money with these guys. If you feel good about him then we still have a shot. Intresting point about not saying he's  a Gamecock lock to any AU people.  You are the best.  Lets hope. Thanks Much ST

ST. You are always dead on and i respect you but I would not be surprised if Mack stayed at SC. 4 hours is a long way away for a father to be away from his child. That being said, I don't know Mack would be happy to be that far away and i believe it could affect his performane on the field. It's just a thought from an Auburn fan that does not have your inside knowledge so TIFWIW. Just thought i would share it.

ST. You are always dead on and i respect you but I would not be surprised if Mack stayed at SC. 4 hours is a long way away for a father to be away from his child. That being said, I don't know Mack would be happy to be that far away and i believe it could affect his performane on the field. It's just a thought from an Auburn fan that does not have your inside knowledge so TIFWIW. Just thought i would share it.

I def wouldn't be shocked if he signed with USCe b/c of the kid. If he didn't have the kid then I would be highly shocked.

I agree 1000%. I would be highly shocked also if he did not have the child.

well he does have a child  :'( :'( :'( :'(

But he could be telling auburn guys that he's not a usce lock b/c he doesnt wanna make people mad? .. just a thought

But he could be telling auburn guys that he's not a usce lock b/c he doesnt wanna make people mad? .. just a thought

I agree. He seems to be affected by what others think of him.

I agree. He seems to be affected by what others think of him.

If only he had Lache's attitude/ demeanor .... wait i take that back LOL

Archived