Official Ambles Thread

AU66

How in the hell did this man land the USC head coaching job??? OK, I know that SC is about to be handed their butts on a platter, but still. Kiffin is an idiot. No, wait. That is an insult to idiots. Oh well, you get what you pay for (yes, pun was intended here).

I'm with you. I don't know how this guy is getting all these jobs. He should come out with a "job interviews for dummies" book. Apparently he either is the most dynamite interview ever or he has some sort of Jedi mind control.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Volquest appears to be the primary source on this, but supposedly Kiffin picked up Ambles in a limo at the airport today.  Is that a secondary violation?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I read where the NCAA ordered 10 cases of  "Official Notification of NCAA Secondary Rules Violations" forms, but had to reorder them once they were made aware that they were all prefilled with Kiffin and UT's information. 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well, becoming a Mod didn't make you lose your sense of humor.  :thumbsup:

Woah.. what did i miss? how long has Birdie been a moderator?

I think ST made him a Mod last week.

Volquest appears to be the primary source on this, but supposedly Kiffin picked up Ambles in a limo at the airport today.  Is that a secondary violation?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I read where the NCAA ordered 10 cases of  "Official Notification of NCAA Secondary Rules Violations" forms, but had to reorder them once they were made aware that they were all prefilled with Kiffin and UT's information. 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well, becoming a Mod didn't make you lose your sense of humor.  :thumbsup:

Woah.. what did i miss? how long has Birdie been a moderator?

I think ST made him a Mod last week.

my memory is eluding me...  :'(

Ok. so just read this on auburn undercover."All-America receiver has strong interest in Auburn"."The signing of junior college quarterback Cam Newton could lead at least one more top prospect to Auburn. "So when did ambles all of a sudden have a strong intrest in auburn.anybody know anything bout this.

http://www.auburnundercover.com/news/articles/2010/1/23/ambles-has-auburn-connection

I think he does have strong interest in AU and if I'm not mistaken he's the one that actually contacted AU. Now, on that same token I don't think AU is the only school he contacted showing interest so it's not like he's just AU or bust....But he does have interest in AU.

It's also likely cuz they went to the same high school together.  Ambles was a freshman while Newton was a senior.

wow! this i did not know. Though it was probably mentioned somewhere in this mega-thread.

I read a quote from Keith Ambles where he stated Cam and Markeith practiced with one another during the summer time the past two years and the guys have a solid friendship.  Once Cam signed with AU and the TN coaching situation hit home for Ambles, he started to look around for someone else to show him the love.  The AU coaches were willing to talk, if it is true that these too studs on the playing field could potentially deliver instance success for the offense this season.

:tdau:

It's also likely cuz they went to the same high school together.  Ambles was a freshman while Newton was a senior.

People are a bit skeptical of MA because of a perceived attitude. In reality, AU may be the best place for MA. He has a great relationship with Newton. And despite Newton's publicized mistake, he has great character. Plus this class is littered with high character men such as Dyer and soon to be Latt. So being around these kind of Auburn men can make MA into a better player on and of the field. A good example is the affect Chris Carter had on Randy Moss at Minnesota. Chis took Randy under his wing and Randy's best years on and off the field were with Chris minus the 1 year the Pats almost went undefeated.

People are a bit skeptical of MA because of a perceived attitude. In reality, AU may be the best place for MA. He has a great relationship with Newton. And despite Newton's publicized mistake, he has great character. Plus this class is littered with high character men such as Dyer and soon to be Latt. So being around these kind of Auburn men can make MA into a better player on and of the field. A good example is the affect Chris Carter had on Randy Moss at Minnesota. Chis took Randy under his wing and Randy's best years on and off the field were with Chris minus the 1 year the Pats almost went undefeated.

Good example. I remember when T.O. reminded me of Moss & I could not stand either one of them, but now Randy is one of my favorite receivers to watch. PS I still can't stand T.O.

I did not realize this,....thanks for the info!  :wareagle:

Nothing new on Ambles. I know the coaches are keeping in contact with him but I don't know if they have offered him. I think Dixon could receive an offer if we strike out on some recruits down the stretch.

10% on both I'd say.

Archived