Official Ambles Thread

AU66

Ambles just did some sort of video stream/chat deal that I watched. He just had the best quote ever. "I ain't going to bama because they don't throw the ball. I don't care to sit there and watch em hand it off to whats his name. And Julio ain't done nothing." I thought that was funny.

Already sounds like an Auburn man - come on down  :thumbsup::hellyeah::thumbsup::hellyeah:

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm friends with him on facebook (I guess I'm a facebook stalker haha) and he posted a link to his page on ustream.tv and basically i'm watching a live video of him sitting there and there's a chat window next to the video. People are asking him questions and stuff through the chat and he is answering them.

Crazy. Has he said anything else interesting?

He said he's taking a visit to USC tomorrow.

Some people are asking him about Stanford now and he's basically like "No way in the world I'm going to Stanford."

I asked him about Auburn but he's not saying anything about it.

I'm friends with him on facebook (I guess I'm a facebook stalker haha) and he posted a link to his page on ustream.tv and basically i'm watching a live video of him sitting there and there's a chat window next to the video. People are asking him questions and stuff through the chat and he is answering them.

Crazy. Has he said anything else interesting?

He said he's taking a visit to USC tomorrow.

Some people are asking him about Stanford now and he's basically like "No way in the world I'm going to Stanford."

I asked him about Auburn but he's not saying anything about it.

I think Ambles might have some passing interest in us, but I honestly think he'll end up at USCw.

Ambles is right about satins dull boring offense! All of the communist tide fans know it's true.

He wants to go where he can play in an exciting offense. Bama is BORING. :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama:                                       

Just stay on this site it is much better, trust me.  Although I did catch myself watching for a few minutes.  I heard him say he can't talk about schools because he don't want people in his business.  I wasted about five minutes of my life watching some kid play xbox in his living room.  NSD cannot get here soon enough.  I need my life back. 

I think its hilarious that he called out jones and Mc Elwaine's over rated system. Even there so called famous (drive) was not that hard to do against roofs 8 and 9 men in the box play calling.

We are not that deep at WR.Ambles is a beast at WR ,Reed may jump ship,and Richardson is probably not gonna make it.If we dont get Ambles we will pay for it in the future.

First, let me say that, Just like Cam Newton, if we land Ambles and the coaches think that it is a good pickup, so be it. That being said, where do you get the idea that we are thin at WR? we currently have 15 WR on the roster and only 3 - 5 can play at any given time. We also have 3 currently committed and at this point WR is just not that high on our list of needs. Now, having seen Ambles play in the Army AA game, he has some skill, and If we needed him, I would take him for sure. However, you can guarantee that LSU would use his commitment as a tool to try and pry Travon away from Us, and I believe Travon is the better player regardless of the number of stars that Rivals ha bestowed upon him. Also, Auburn aready had to do some serious reassuring for Goodwin when Reed committed, would we be able to do it again? Also, I seriously doubt our coaches are going to pick up a guy just because he is a five star if it means sacrificing a position of need that you can fill with a 4*. If that was the case, then Lache Seastrunk would still be considered bound for Auburn.

Todd did have his limitations but the other receivers would have gotten the ball more if the got open consistently. So the responsibility of the other receivers not producing should not fall that heavily on Todd.

exactly! Adams and Zachery were the only ones that produced at the receiver position, thus they got the passes. And Kodi might be a wildcat QB, but last I heard he was working with the receivers. Last year we had 2 reliable receivers that was it.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

I would consider a team having only TWO reliable receivers  to be "broke". I think Trooper would agree. Do you want to be content, or do you want to be happy? I prefer happy....call me crazy.

Then obviously you don't understand.  Maybe, I have to list them for you. 

Darvin Adams

Terrell Zachery

Anthony Gulley

Travante Stallworth

Deangelo Benton

Emory Blake

Phillip Lutzenkirchen

Jay Wisner

Mario Fannin

Kodi Burns

Ralph Spry

Phillip Pierre Louis

Quindarius Carr

So, I count about 13 that can line up and play receiver granted some will fit in the H-Back role or Tight-End position. 

And, maybe two of these aren't on scholarship in Wisner and Spry.  Spry might. 

So, you have at least 11 scholarship receivers who all can play. 

Trooper came right out and said he won't take out Adams or Zachery when they're playing so well. 

The point is we have WRs.  Lots. 

Your assessment of only having 2 is incorrect.

We are looking for receivers that can run good routes and have good hands. Who from that list (not counting H-Backs or TE) made a significant contribution in receiving last year?

Darvin Adams: 60 rec 997yds

Terrell Zachery: 26 rec 477yds

Benton: 6 rec 88yds

Carr: 2 rec 78yds

Blake: 9 rec 66yds

and it gets worse the further you go down....

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but a team needs more than two reliable receivers. For Malzahn's offense to work to its fullest, we need more than two guys to go to when throwing the ball. You say we are deep at receiver, okay I'll give you that. But we aren't deep at reliable receivers, which is why we are going after Ambles.

SUMMARY: WE NEED MORE(#) RELIABLE RECEIVERS

They haven't been given a deemable shot to contribute.  Lutzenkirchen, Carr, Gulley, and Stallworth can all be reliable WRs if they are given the opportunity.

Todd did have his limitations but the other receivers would have gotten the ball more if the got open consistently. So the responsibility of the other receivers not producing should not fall that heavily on Todd.

exactly! Adams and Zachery were the only ones that produced at the receiver position, thus they got the passes. And Kodi might be a wildcat QB, but last I heard he was working with the receivers. Last year we had 2 reliable receivers that was it.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

I would consider a team having only TWO reliable receivers  to be "broke". I think Trooper would agree. Do you want to be content, or do you want to be happy? I prefer happy....call me crazy.

Then obviously you don't understand.  Maybe, I have to list them for you. 

Darvin Adams

Terrell Zachery

Anthony Gulley

Travante Stallworth

Deangelo Benton

Emory Blake

Phillip Lutzenkirchen

Jay Wisner

Mario Fannin

Kodi Burns

Ralph Spry

Phillip Pierre Louis

Quindarius Carr

So, I count about 13 that can line up and play receiver granted some will fit in the H-Back role or Tight-End position. 

And, maybe two of these aren't on scholarship in Wisner and Spry.  Spry might. 

So, you have at least 11 scholarship receivers who all can play. 

Trooper came right out and said he won't take out Adams or Zachery when they're playing so well. 

The point is we have WRs.  Lots. 

Your assessment of only having 2 is incorrect.

We are looking for receivers that can run good routes and have good hands. Who from that list (not counting H-Backs or TE) made a significant contribution in receiving last year?

Darvin Adams: 60 rec 997yds

Terrell Zachery: 26 rec 477yds

Benton: 6 rec 88yds

Carr: 2 rec 78yds

Blake: 9 rec 66yds

and it gets worse the further you go down....

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but a team needs more than two reliable receivers. For Malzahn's offense to work to its fullest, we need more than two guys to go to when throwing the ball. You say we are deep at receiver, okay I'll give you that. But we aren't deep at reliable receivers, which is why we are going after Ambles.

SUMMARY: WE NEED MORE(#) RELIABLE RECEIVERS

They haven't been given a deemable shot to contribute.  Lutzenkirchen, Carr, Gulley, and Stallworth can all be reliable WRs if they are given the opportunity.

I agree that we have very reliable receivers.  Chris Todd had a very good year for us but one of his biggest faults was that he didn't see the entire field.  He couldn't check of his first receiver look to find somebody else.  Normally his first look was going to get the ball thrown to him.

Fwiw, I really believe at this time that Ambles is ours if we choose to give him a commitable offer.  Just throwing that out there for ya'll!

Thank you for the info!  Please keep it coming when you get more especially if and when he visits. 

OK, here is my 2 cents on this post.  We are loaded at WR, just because only two receivers made big plays last year doesn't mean there aren't any other WR's that can't step up.  

Adams and Zack struggled their first years, it took them time to learn and get better, I remember alot of dropped passes from both of them in 08.  I know some will put the blame on the QB's but I remember a ton of dropped balls right in their numbers.  

Most all of our receivers are young or haven't had much playing time.  Carr, Benton, Blake, PPL, Gulley, Stallworthe; all young guys that just need to learn routes and get stronger.  You almost never see a frosh WR come out and be a bigtime threat.  Add Lutz to this group and we will have a very strong receiving group.

Trovon and Goodwin will get their chance to show what they can do at WR early on, but I guarantee we will have 2-3 more guys step up along with Adams and Zack.  We will have threats all over the field this year with Cam firing that ball right to them.

I think Aycock is perfect for the wildcat.  He has the size and speed to run straight thru the D or block off DE's and Lb's, he is a monster, 5'10 and around 225 of muscle, AND was a QB in HS.

Fannin needs to be in the backfield along with Dyer and Latt, I think his talent was wasted playing the h-back.  Tate and Fannin could have been better than Brown and Carnell, I hated Fannin not getting 15+ carries.  And Fannin will be a great mentor for Dyer and Latt.

I think O'Mac would be perfect for the H-back, with his speed Gus could do alot with him.  

If Smith comes back, he could also be in the backfield or maybe the H-back, he has really good hands, he made some great catches last year and has great size and speed.

If we get our D headed in the right direction as it seems we are doing, and with a favorable schedule this year, I see us losing no more than 2 games.

Again, just my 2 cents.....

OK, here is my 2 cents on this post.  We are loaded at WR, just because only two receivers made big plays last year doesn't mean there aren't any other WR's that can't step up.  

Adams and Zack struggled their first years, it took them time to learn and get better, I remember alot of dropped passes from both of them in 08.  I know some will put the blame on the QB's but I remember a ton of dropped balls right in their numbers.  

Most all of our receivers are young or haven't had much playing time.  Carr, Benton, Blake, PPL, Gulley, Stallworthe; all young guys that just need to learn routes and get stronger.  You almost never see a frosh WR come out and be a bigtime threat.  Add Lutz to this group and we will have a very strong receiving group.

Trovon and Goodwin will get their chance to show what they can do at WR early on, but I guarantee we will have 2-3 more guys step up along with Adams and Zack.  We will have threats all over the field this year with Cam firing that ball right to them.

I think Aycock is perfect for the wildcat.  He has the size and speed to run straight thru the D or block off DE's and Lb's, he is a monster, 5'10 and around 225 of muscle, AND was a QB in HS.

Fannin needs to be in the backfield along with Dyer and Latt, I think his talent was wasted playing the h-back.  Tate and Fannin could have been better than Brown and Carnell, I hated Fannin not getting 15+ carries.  And Fannin will be a great mentor for Dyer and Latt.

I think O'Mac would be perfect for the H-back, with his speed Gus could do alot with him.  

If Smith comes back, he could also be in the backfield or maybe the H-back, he has really good hands, he made some great catches last year and has great size and speed.

If we get our D headed in the right direction as it seems we are doing, and with a favorable schedule this year, I see us losing no more than 2 games.

Adams and Zach never struggled in 08 that I can remember.  It's just we didn't have a good play calling system and we were WAY too predictable.  Besides, Franklin and Ensminger had other favorites at WR than them.

Adams and Zach never struggled in 08 that I can remember.  It's just we didn't have a good play calling system and we were WAY too predictable.  Besides, Franklin and Ensminger had other favorites at WR than them.

You are kidding, right?  In 08 Adams had 3 catches for 18 yds and Zach had 2 catches for 24 yds.  Burns is not a good QB and Todd had an injury, but I do remember some receivers dropping passes right in their hands including them.  Smith, Billings, Dunn, and Slaughter made the big plays.  What did all these guys have in common?  Experience!

The WR's of 09 were suppose to be Billings, Hawthorne, Carr, and Winter along with Benton and Blake.  Everyone thought Benton would be great his first year, but he couldn't catch a cold, nothing against him, just inexperienced at this level.  He needs to learn his routes and mechanics better and get confident, I am sure it took a hit last year.

Adams and Zack were total surprises last year, great surprises, but surprises nontheless.  Why?  They were young and inexperienced in 08, they practiced hard, learned alot and it paid off.  We have many talented WR's now, the question is who will work hard enough to become great WR's that will play alot and make big plays this year.

I think Benton, Carr and Blake will become these great WR's this year along with Adams and Zack, and we will have 4-5 very good WR's instead of just 2.  Now I am not saying Reed or Goodwin won't make an immediate impact this year, they are very talented already and I know they will compete hard for playing time.

One thing we can agree upon, it's great to be an Auburn Tiger, WAR EAGLE!!!

You are kidding, right?  In 08 Adams had 3 catches for 18 yds and Zach had 2 catches for 24 yds.  Burns is not a good QB and Todd had an injury, but I do remember some receivers dropping passes right in their hands including them.  Smith, Billings, Dunn, and Slaughter made the big plays.  What did all these guys have in common?  Experience!

No, I'm not kidding.  Why do you think their numbers were so low?  Om, I explained it in my post...maybe you should read it again.  They may have had experience but Adams and Zach weren't given the breakout opportunity that they were this year.  In case you weren't watching, since Franklin and Ensminger chose to run it 90% of the time, it was very hard for any WR to make plays. 

The WR's of 09 were suppose to be Billings, Hawthorne, Carr, and Winter along with Benton and Blake.  Everyone thought Benton would be great his first year, but he couldn't catch a cold, nothing against him, just inexperienced at this level.  He needs to learn his routes and mechanics better and get confident, I am sure it took a hit last year.

See, I don't agree with this.  Benton has been sidelined similar to how Adams was sidelined his freshman year.  You can't say he "couldn't catch a cold" when he's brought in for relief or mop up duty.  If Todd threw to him every snap like he did Darvin Adams, you'd be talking about how great Benton is. 

Adams and Zack were total surprises last year, great surprises, but surprises nontheless.

Not surprises to me.  I knew they could play.  Just like I know the other WRs we have can play.  You're buying into this whole thing that production = talent.  Not necessarily.  Production = a combo of playing time, talent, how much you're being thrown to, etc. 

Why?  They were young and inexperienced in 08, they practiced hard, learned alot and it paid off.

In Malzahn's system. 

We have many talented WR's now, the question is who will work hard enough to become great WR's that will play alot and make big plays this year.

You're changing your tune now.  Which one is it?  Do we have great WRs or do we not?  Because, you seem to think we're lacking in that area but now you say we have great ones.  Which one?

I think Benton, Carr and Blake will become these great WR's this year along with Adams and Zack, and we will have 4-5 very good WR's instead of just 2.  Now I am not saying Reed or Goodwin won't make an immediate impact this year, they are very talented already and I know they will compete hard for playing time.

Honestly, this is what I've been saying even though you felt the need to disagree.  There's too much talent on the sidelines already to say we're lacking at WR. 

One thing we can agree upon, it's great to be an Auburn Tiger, WAR EAGLE!!!

Agreed.

Archived