Official Ambles Thread

AU66

Jury is still out on Benton.  You may see a rotation of Adams, Zachary, Blake, Reed and Goodwin before the year is over.  Trooper has already shown that practice intensity will determine who plays.

I know somebody has to say it.  We've gotta tons of WRs and unless we become a Texas Tech pass happy offense, we really only had 2 Dominant WRs last year and they're not leaving.  So, how do these others factor in? 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does not matter if it goes over well with the fans as long as the coaches and the player moved is on the same page.

It does not matter if it goes over well with the fans as long as the coaches and the player moved is on the same page.

Then who would you move?  And, please point me to a link that says where we will move them to defense.  The last WR we moved to defense was Harry Adams and he's no longer on the team. 

So, I REPEAT.  It will NOT go over well.

i am new to the message board, but i realized right away that everyone trusts AUSportsTalk. everyone on this thread is trying to get him to say something about the Ambles rumors. so, AUSportsTalk, even if you know nothing or know something and can't say or dont want to say for whatever reason, could you let everyone here know?

any comment is welcome even if it's just, "i have no thoughts or information on the situation."

Again the coaches are not worried about what we think...If they feel its best for us to get Ambles and move someone to corner or safety then they will do it. If they were not interested, Coach Taylor would not have gone to see Ambles 2 days ago. Trust our staff. They have not let us down.

Again the coaches are not worried about what we think...If they feel its best for us to get Ambles and move someone to corner or safety then they will do it. If they were not interested, Coach Taylor would not have gone to see Ambles 2 days ago. Trust our staff. They have not let us down.

I do trust them.  It won't be as simple as moving someone because we have A LOT of WRs.  So, maybe we're gonna air it out more once we have a competent QB in Newton.

well if our offense is clicking like it can, we will get 80-90 plays, in a balanced attack 40-50 of those are passes probably so there should be plenty of touches to go around.

well if our offense is clicking like it can, we will get 80-90 plays, in a balanced attack 40-50 of those are passes probably so there should be plenty of touches to go around.

I enjoyed seeing Darvin Adams become Todd's favorite receiver and most reliable.  But, I would like to see others get their share too. 

Holy crap people...we do have a lot of talent returning at WR.  Okay, we have 2 proven guys returning.  One will be a junior with the potential to go pro after next year (Adams), and the other will be a senior.  If they stay healthy next year and make all the plays for our WR's thats fine, but we don't need to wait until they are gone to start thinking about who will fill their shoes.  Hopefully we can actually redshirt some people this year!  God forbid we weren't forced into using some of our incoming talent immediately, and got more out of them in the long run.  Bottom line is that nobody but the 2 guys I mentioned up top are proven to be top-notch SEC caliber receivers.  I think Kitchens, Stallworth, and Gulley will all see their first shot at playing time on the defensive side of the ball.  I wouldn't be surprised if Pierre-Louis ended up being one of the guys that doesn't end up on the 85 man roster by August.  My vote, if our coaches like Ambles, bring him on!

somebody give me a straight up honest answer please. what are the chances we can get this guy?

I don't think anyone knows yet because of the scholarship situation. Right now I think that there is a 25% chance we sign this guy. He is tentatively set to visit the last weekend before signing day. It may come down to if we have room, if we want him, or if he wants us. At this point nobody even knows for sure if he has a commitable offer.

There are too many variables at this point.

Then who would you move?  And, please point me to a link that says where we will move them to defense.  The last WR we moved to defense was Harry Adams and he's no longer on the team. 

well folks are saying kitchens might play D, Gulley has been playing D, PPL has been a total no show, and there is one that probably won't qualify. Not to mention that just because they are on the roster doesn't mean they are what the stff wants. We all have to remember that these coaches are still honoring the schoolys tommy t made, not that they made.

Holy crap people...we do have a lot of talent returning at WR.  Okay, we have 2 proven guys returning.  One will be a junior with the potential to go pro after next year (Adams), and the other will be a senior.  If they stay healthy next year and make all the plays for our WR's thats fine, but we don't need to wait until they are gone to start thinking about who will fill their shoes.  Hopefully we can actually redshirt some people this year!  God forbid we weren't forced into using some of our incoming talent immediately, and got more out of them in the long run.  Bottom line is that nobody but the 2 guys I mentioned up top are proven to be top-notch SEC caliber receivers.  I think Kitchens, Stallworth, and Gulley will all see their first shot at playing time on the defensive side of the ball.  I wouldn't be surprised if Pierre-Louis ended up being one of the guys that doesn't end up on the 85 man roster by August.  My vote, if our coaches like Ambles, bring him on!

I agree 1000%!

well folks are saying kitchens might play D, Gulley has been playing D, PPL has been a total no show, and there is one that probably won't qualify. Not to mention that just because they are on the roster doesn't mean they are what the stff wants. We all have to remember that these coaches are still honoring the schoolys tommy t made, not that they made.

True dat.

I enjoyed seeing Darvin Adams become Todd's favorite receiver and most reliable.  But, I would like to see others get their share too. 

Why do you think we are going after this guy....we want more play makers! We got Reed already, Ambles just completes the set

Saban was apparently at his home with an assistant coach the other day.  We just need to get the kid on campus if we want him.  He wont affect Reed or Goodwin...he is a different type of receiver.  Kitchens may play defense anyway, as a safety or outside linebacker.

Bama is the team in need of a strong receiver opposite Julio.  Keenan Allen looks to be a great talent but he will play defense, so I see why Saban is pushing hard for Ambles.

According to EVERYONE including Mods on BOL, (stole an acct password) they say Saban has told Allen he will play WR

That's bizzare.  But, I can't imagine anyone in Bammer's class playing immediately this year.  They have too much depth.  That's quite possibly the funniest thing I hear in a recruit who considers Bammer vs. AU. 

Something along the lines of:

"I want to play immediately..."

which turns into...

"I'll be given an opportunity (on another wise FULL ROSTER/DEPTH CHART)"

It's just funny how many recruits seem to switch their tune so quickly. :laugh:

Right now I think that Bama has more established depth on offense than defense.  They are returning only about 2 or 3 starters as of right now on defense so if they are telling people that they will get their shot on defense next year, i think they mean it.  They have some good backups on the defensive line that will likely start but the second string is going to be up for grabs.  Linebackers will be solid but the second string will again be up for grabs.  The only secondary that is established will be Barron and everything will be up for grabs.

Back to topic though, I would love to get this kid if he can come in mesh with the other players and won't be an off-field problem.  This kid has talent that rivals Jones and Green and could be great where ever he plays.

Why do you think we are going after this guy....we want more play makers! We got Reed already, Ambles just completes the set

We've got plenty of playmakers.  We go after Ambles because you don't turn him away because he's that good.

We've got plenty of playmakers.  We go after Ambles because you don't turn him away because he's that good.

Really? We have playmaker WRs on our roster right now? Where were they last year, all i saw was D. Adams (thank God) and a little bit of T. Zach. Blake, Benton, and Burns flopped somewhat on receiving. We need more marque receivers for Gus's offense to work to it's fullest.

Just trust the coaches guys.  :wedance:

^^^^^^That should pretty much some it up for us guys. They know what they are doing, let's not question them right now :we:

Saban was apparently at his home with an assistant coach the other day.  We just need to get the kid on campus if we want him.  He wont affect Reed or Goodwin...he is a different type of receiver.  Kitchens may play defense anyway, as a safety or outside linebacker.

Bama is the team in need of a strong receiver opposite Julio.  Keenan Allen looks to be a great talent but he will play defense, so I see why Saban is pushing hard for Ambles.

According to EVERYONE including Mods on BOL, (stole an acct password) they say Saban has told Allen he will play WR

That's bizzare.  But, I can't imagine anyone in Bammer's class playing immediately this year.  They have too much depth.  That's quite possibly the funniest thing I hear in a recruit who considers Bammer vs. AU. 

Something along the lines of:

"I want to play immediately..."

which turns into...

"I'll be given an opportunity (on another wise FULL ROSTER/DEPTH CHART)"

It's just funny how many recruits seem to switch their tune so quickly. :laugh:

Right now I think that Bama has more established depth on offense than defense.  They are returning only about 2 or 3 starters as of right now on defense so if they are telling people that they will get their shot on defense next year, i think they mean it.  They have some good backups on the defensive line that will likely start but the second string is going to be up for grabs.  Linebackers will be solid but the second string will again be up for grabs.  The only secondary that is established will be Barron and everything will be up for grabs.

Back to topic though, I would love to get this kid if he can come in mesh with the other players and won't be an off-field problem.  This kid has talent that rivals Jones and Green and could be great where ever he plays.

They are pretty stacked everywhere not just on O, but that's neither here nor there.

Really? We have playmaker WRs on our roster right now? Where were they last year, all i saw was D. Adams (thank God) and a little bit of T. Zach. Blake, Benton, and Burns flopped somewhat on receiving. We need more marque receivers for Gus's offense to work to it's fullest.

I would say receiver and running back are our strongest position right now. Burns is a QB, and Benton/Blake were freshmen. Not to mention Chris Todd was the QB. The guy had major tunnel vision.

Om, does the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" ring a bell from Trooper.  You saw those guys only because they were Todd's favorite receivers and they kept producing in games.  Doesn't mean there's not a boatload of talent on the sideline. 

Archived