Official Ambles Thread

AU66

Y'all help me out here, please. We want this guy because:

1) He'll beat out Darvin Adams or T-Zack next year.

2) He'll be better than any of the other FOUR WR's we already have committed so we'll cut one of them loose.

3) Without Ambles we'll have 13 WR's on scholarship next fall and that isn't enough.

4) If you choose, explain in 100 words or less why we wouldn't be better off finding a 3* DT out there with some upside potential, since that's a position we actually could use some help at.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be a recruiting negative if he wants to come to AU so i am not touching that question with a 10 foot poll.

2) He'll be better than any of the other FOUR WR's we already have committed so we'll cut one of them loose.

3) Without Ambles we'll have 13 WR's on scholarship next fall and that isn't enough.

4) If you choose, explain in 100 words or less why we wouldn't be better off finding a 3* DT out there with some upside potential, since that's a position we actually could use some help at.

to answer why the coaches want this guy is he is 6'2 190 and one of the biggest playmakers in the 2010 class

I don't think getting this guy is stopping us from getting the 3* DT.  The fact that there aren't that many DT's out there might be why we aren't loading up on them.

We have room for him now that we parted with DJ. I bet our coaches wish they knew we would have 1 more open spot a couple of weeks ago when the possibility of getting Ambles became an option.

I don't think getting this guy is stopping us from getting the 3* DT.  The fact that there aren't that many DT's out there might be why we aren't loading up on them.

Very true statement. Big drop off between the top tier and the next tier. I wish it worked like a menu but it doesn't.Some years are great in available postion players and others not so much. Notice to be grateful for the two juco's we got earlier.

That said i would rather him be at UT instead of LSU if it is an SEC team since we only play UT 2 out of 5 seasons.

If he comes to us,  hope it's not before Wednesday.  That way, he can't change his mind again.

Wait... could it be that all of the sudden Mr. Ambles thread is more popular than the once almight Cam Newton thread?

:laugh:  Everyone isn't shooting the idea of Ambles visiting down though.

According to Rivals and also the Volnation recruiting...Ambles is suppose to be visiting Tenn. this  weekend but as of 9:39 tonite he is stuck at the airport in NC... Just quoting them is all.....

According to Rivals and also the Volnation recruiting...Ambles is suppose to be visiting Tenn. this  weekend but as of 9:39 tonite he is stuck at the airport in NC... Just quoting them is all.....

This is correct.

He's gonna end up being a Vol guys. Oh well.

What makes you assume this?

He's visiting Knoxville which means he's turned down the Auburn and LSU visits this weekend. USC, UNC, or UT. Doesnt matter but he's not coming to Auburn.  :'(

This might be good for us. I don't know how many officials he has left but this might mean that his recruitment will continue past the 3rd. Perhaps he will take a visit afterwards.

This might be good for us. I don't know how many officials he has left but this might mean that his recruitment will continue past the 3rd. Perhaps he will take a visit afterwards.

the last thing i wanna see is another bryce brown/ david oku type recruitment.  :'(

Archived