Official Ambles Thread

AU66

well i would like to see your definition of what something is worth talking about since Ingram averaged over 9 yards/carry in that formation.

Yardwise it might have been great (I personally haven't looked up the stats). But from what I saw from Bama was they didn't use it very often, and it didn't look very fluid. It seemed more of a gimmick play for Bama. On the other hand, the Arkansas wildcat was a legitimate piece of their offense, that was run with great fluidity. I want our wildcat to be a legitimate threat to the opposing team, something we run more than twice a game, that's all I meant.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todd did have his limitations but the other receivers would have gotten the ball more if the got open consistently. So the responsibility of the other receivers not producing should not fall that heavily on Todd.

exactly! Adams and Zachery were the only ones that produced at the receiver position, thus they got the passes. And Kodi might be a wildcat QB, but last I heard he was working with the receivers. Last year we had 2 reliable receivers, that was it.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

I would consider a team having only TWO reliable receivers  to be "broke". I think Trooper would agree. Do you want to be content, or do you want to be happy? I prefer happy....call me crazy.

Then obviously you don't understand.  Maybe, I have to list them for you. 

Darvin Adams

Terrell Zachery

Anthony Gulley

Travante Stallworth

Deangelo Benton

Emory Blake

Phillip Lutzenkirchen

Jay Wisner

Mario Fannin

Kodi Burns

Ralph Spry

Phillip Pierre Louis

Quindarius Carr

So, I count about 13 that can line up and play receiver granted some will fit in the H-Back role or Tight-End position. 

And, maybe two of these aren't on scholarship in Wisner and Spry.  Spry might. 

So, you have at least 11 scholarship receivers who all can play. 

Trooper came right out and said he won't take out Adams or Zachery when they're playing so well. 

The point is we have WRs.  Lots. 

Your assessment of only having 2 is incorrect.

Todd did have his limitations but the other receivers would have gotten the ball more if the got open consistently. So the responsibility of the other receivers not producing should not fall that heavily on Todd.

exactly! Adams and Zachery were the only ones that produced at the receiver position, thus they got the passes. And Kodi might be a wildcat QB, but last I heard he was working with the receivers. Last year we had 2 reliable receivers, that was it.

I would consider a team having only TWO reliable receivers  to be "broke". I think Trooper would agree. Do you want to be content, or do you want to be happy? I prefer happy....call me crazy.

Darvin Adams

Terrell Zachery

Anthony Gulley

Travante Stallworth

Deangelo Benton

Emory Blake

Phillip Lutzenkirchen

Jay Wisner

Mario Fannin

Kodi Burns

Ralph Spry

Phillip Pierre Louis

Quindarius Carr

So, I count about 13 that can line up and play receiver granted some will fit in the H-Back role or Tight-End position. 

Trooper came right out and said he won't take out Adams or Zachery when they're playing so well. 

We had two receivers with over 2/3 over our receiving yards.. or around that

And yeah all of them CAN line up but that doesnt mean they are good at it..

We are not that deep at WR.Ambles is a beast at WR ,Reed may jump ship,and Richardson is probably not gonna make it.If we dont get Ambles we will pay for it in the future.

Wow. Please make us sound desperate. Are you serious? Have you seen our WR class? We don't NEED Ambles, but he would be a great acquisition. Reed is NOT going anywhere, but the rumors that JR may not qualify are picking up steam (but I'm not saying he won't qualify). We don't NEED any WR's that are left on the board. They would just be icing cake.

exactly! Adams and Zachery were the only ones that produced at the receiver position, thus they got the passes. And Kodi might be a wildcat QB, but last I heard he was working with the receivers. Last year we had 2 reliable receivers that was it.

Darvin Adams

Terrell Zachery

Anthony Gulley

Travante Stallworth

Deangelo Benton

Emory Blake

Phillip Lutzenkirchen

Jay Wisner

Mario Fannin

Kodi Burns

Ralph Spry

Phillip Pierre Louis

Quindarius Carr

We are looking for receivers that can run good routes and have good hands. Who from that list (not counting H-Backs or TE) made a significant contribution in receiving last year?

Darvin Adams: 60 rec 997yds

Terrell Zachery: 26 rec 477yds

Benton: 6 rec 88yds

Carr: 2 rec 78yds

Blake: 9 rec 66yds

and it gets worse the further you go down....

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but a team needs more than two reliable receivers. For Malzahn's offense to work to its fullest, we need more than two guys to go to when throwing the ball. You say we are deep at receiver, okay I'll give you that. But we aren't deep at reliable receivers, which is why we are going after Ambles.

SUMMARY: WE NEED MORE(#) RELIABLE RECEIVERS

dunno but if it went well ambles will be on the plains soon

Are we his fav

Well I know everyone has unc, turd, tenn, and USCw as his top 4, so tifwiw. However I see that if Troop made a visit it was to check him out again and if he was impressed, believe me he will be in for a visit

We are not that deep at WR.Ambles is a beast at WR ,Reed may jump ship,and Richardson is probably not gonna make it.If we dont get Ambles we will pay for it in the future.

Other than Dyer (How he is trying to recruit others to AU), Reed is our most solid committment we have!! He isn't gonna committ to us on the day in memory of his mother, unless there was no doubt in his mind he was going to that school! I know some on here are pessimistic, but geeze, that is just ludacris!!!!

Other than Dyer (How he is trying to recruit others to AU), Reed is our most solid committment we have!! He isn't gonna committ to us on the day in memory of his mother, unless there was no doubt in his mind he was going to that school! I know some on here are pessimistic, but geeze, that is just ludacris!!!!

Yes, Reed will be at AU end of story!

Ambles just did some sort of video stream/chat deal that I watched. He just had the best quote ever. "I ain't going to bama because they don't throw the ball. I don't care to sit there and watch em hand it off to whats his name. And Julio ain't done nothing." I thought that was funny.

I'm friends with him on facebook (I guess I'm a facebook stalker haha) and he posted a link to his page on ustream.tv and basically i'm watching a live video of him sitting there and there's a chat window next to the video. People are asking him questions and stuff through the chat and he is answering them.

I'm friends with him on facebook (I guess I'm a facebook stalker haha) and he posted a link to his page on ustream.tv and basically i'm watching a live video of him sitting there and there's a chat window next to the video. People are asking him questions and stuff through the chat and he is answering them.

Crazy. Has he said anything else interesting?

Archived