Official Ambles Thread

AU66

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it reported that Ambles' dad said he is NOT committed to USC.  I don't recall the source, but I believe it was one of the other AU sites.

As far as I know he hasn't either. He is still open.

If we land Ambles would that mean we could potentially move a guy like Shaun Kitchens over to D, like at safety?? If he wasnt gonna see the field much at WR.....

I heard this morning (from rivals radio), he is most likely taking an official visit to LSU this w/e.  I don't see it listed on any of the sites though.

How high are our chances or landing him?

Here are the factors that I am sure the coaches have considered:

* Will this affect Reed? (no idea)

* Is this guy a good fit at Au with his past? (no idea)

* Will he make his grades? (no idea)

If the coaches want him to visit, IMO, hopefully it means that Reed will stay no matter what and we are going to give Ambles a chance. I thought he was a backup plan. If so, did we lose someone that we were expecting?

If we land Ambles would that mean we could potentially move a guy like Shaun Kitchens over to D, like at safety?? If he wasnt gonna see the field much at WR.....

or that we lost DJ. Remember in Gus's O WR and RB's are interchangeable

I heard this morning (from rivals radio), he is most likely taking an official visit to LSU this w/e.  I don't see it listed on any of the sites though.

LSU seems desperate for WRs.  Let's just hope that we can stay as close to batting 1000 as we possibly can.  That's all I'm saying... :thumbsup:

or that we lost DJ. Remember in Gus's O WR and RB's are interchangeable

I.E. Gulley

Either this means (IMO):

1) A potential prospect we are hoping for is leaning another way

2) We may lose one of our soft verbals and can fill the slot with Ambles

I think this may be a new record.  There are now 4 Ambles threads on the front page... >:( I know I know.  Only three allow comments.  :-\

does anyone think that might mean someone has dropped off our board of uncommitted prospects?

No, I think it means he just popped up and started looking around.  Anytime a 5* starts looking around he is sure to raise some eyebrows.  That along with the way this staff has been bringing em home is why you see the sudden interest in Ambles.

does anyone think that might mean someone has dropped off our board of uncommitted prospects?

True but this question is not about USC or his visit there.  It's more about our other prospects.  The 35 page threads change 15 times throughout those 35 pages.

just saying...

Either this means (IMO):

1) A potential prospect we are hoping for is leaning another way

2) We may lose one of our soft verbals and can fill the slot with Ambles

Either way I'm glad we have the opportunity to think this is a back-up plan.

I don't think he will have a committable offer until he visits. He is looking at several school and it wouldn't surprise me if he visited LSU instead of Auburn b/c of their need at the WR position.

I don't think he will have a committable offer until he visits. He is looking at several school and it wouldn't surprise me if he visited LSU instead of Auburn b/c of their need at the WR position.

see, it was a different question.  It was more about other prospects.  That's why there are 35 page threads.

just saying...

I think I may be the new Mr. Insider..... :thumbsup:.......of course, my inside info will be from rivals radio. :laugh:

ST, just copied what I already said........JUST KIDDING.  I listen to rivals radio for the latest rumors and hearsay but I come on here for the facts and real inside knowledge.   :-[

I have heard very little about Reeds visit to LSU this past weekend. Does this sudden full court press of Ambles in anyway reflect what happened during Reeds visit to LSU. I hate for my first post to have a negative slant, but I wonder if there is a correlation between the two.

I'll have the Ambles thread combo. Nice work!

The combo is preferred but stuff just gets buried in it.

I understand but we can't have 5 threads on the same person.

Archived