Auburn Men's basketball is...

guerra aguila

Some coaches are great recruiters.

Some coaches are great planners and trainers.

Some coaches are great on the sidelines.

I do like Lebo and he should have the pedigree, but at least two of the above are missing. If he has assistants like Chizik hired to fill in his weaknesses, the program moves forward. Six years is plenty of time to talk the dream to up and coming assistants to move forward.

It hasn't happened with a consistent progression.

Q: Is that enough time for a football school to grow?

Q: Othe coaches have done this in the past, so is it Lebo's fault now?

We spent 90 Million on a great basketball arena, now lets go spend some more money and get us a coach. Lebo is not going to get it done. He's always got an excuse.

We spent 90 Million on a great basketball arena, now lets go spend some more money and get us a coach. Lebo is not going to get it done. He's always got an excuse.

That's where I am.  Bring in a new coach with a new arena.

I totally agree with you , did not want to be the one to say it.  Is it me or does it seem like he has lost our players? :dunno:

I don't think he ever had the players. IMO, it seems that he can't relate to them and stems all the way back to when he first got here and ran off all of our talent.

Actually, I believe when Lebo came in the team was on a Cliff Ellis caused probation which, among other things, limited the number of scholarships the team was allowed. He didn't run off all of the talent. Several transferred to the school where the "ace" recruiter found a job. The biggest handicap he has had in recruiting has always been facilities. The closer we have gotten to the new facility, the better his recruiting has been. We would not have the new facility next year if he had not been promised one before he was hired and then pushed for it during his entire tenure. Could it be better? Yes. However, I would rather keep Lebo than hire Mike Anderson, Charles Barkley or Mike Davis.

The best name I have heard is Chuck Person. At least he would not embarass Auburn with his conduct.

I totally agree with you , did not want to be the one to say it.  Is it me or does it seem like he has lost our players? :dunno:

I don't think he ever had the players. IMO, it seems that he can't relate to them and stems all the way back to when he first got here and ran off all of our talent.

Actually, I believe when Lebo came in the team was on a Cliff Ellis caused probation which, among other things, limited the number of scholarships the team was allowed. He didn't run off all of the talent. Several transferred to the school where the "ace" recruiter found a job. The biggest handicap he has had in recruiting has always been facilities. The closer we have gotten to the new facility, the better his recruiting has been. We would not have the new facility next year if he had not been promised one before he was hired and then pushed for it during his entire tenure. Could it be better? Yes. However, I would rather keep Lebo than hire Mike Anderson, Charles Barkley or Mike Davis.

The best name I have heard is Chuck Person. At least he would not embarass Auburn with his conduct.

Here's the deal.  We lost ONE scholarship under the probation that we didn't even fight.  Quit blaming Ellis for Lebo being terrible. 

Archived