Zac Etheridge...

tigerboi256

He will not play football again.

I have been saying that since the day after.  He could play again and he will heal up and have a good life, but playing as a safety where you are required to come up and hit big in run support, a fractured vertebrae is that last thing you want to worry about.  That can mess up your life in a big way with one bad decision and it is better that he be safer than sorry.

He is very fortunate, he will be truly missed. If we can thank ole miss for one thing is having a defender who didnt move. Thank God for that

As long as he recovers to a normal life, that is a great accomplishment.  I would think that the coaches will have him stay around for inspiration and wisdom.  But that would be great to see him lead the team out in September.

I talked to Zacs stepdad the other day and he is way ahead of scheduled recovery and will play football next season and is looking forward to an NFL career. The doctor said it is remarkable how fast his neck has recovered and that you could hardly see any sign of the fracture on X-ray. :we:

Guest War Eagle 29

I talked to Zacs stepdad the other day and he is way ahead of scheduled recovery and will play football next season and is looking forward to an NFL career. The doctor said it is remarkable how fast his neck has recovered and that you could hardly see any sign of the fracture on X-ray. :we:

Glad to hear that Zac is healing up well. He is a great Auburn man!  :we:

i am glad to hear that good news. i am still skeptical. i think he is an auburn man, i played golf with a man from Troy who knows the family a couple years ago and he spoke highly of zac and his family. i just have not seen nfl potential in zac.

I hope this is right and he gets tp finish his football career. He received his degree in december, so if not then he still has a bright future ahead of him. Keep getting better Zac!!

i am glad to hear that good news. i am still skeptical. i think he is an auburn man, i played golf with a man from Troy who knows the family a couple years ago and he spoke highly of zac and his family. i just have not seen nfl potential in zac.

If he doesn't play football again then nvm, but I think he could get a look from the NFL. He's listed at 6'0'' 212 lbs. He flies around all over the place and I believe he led the team in tackles in '08 and was third behind Stevens and Bynes this year before the injury. Feel free to correct me if that is wrong.

Zac is a great locker room leader and a true Auburn man but the nfl is not in his future. Even if he returns it would be difficult for him to even regain his starting position.

If he doesn't play football again then nvm, but I think he could get a look from the NFL. He's listed at 6'0'' 212 lbs. He flies around all over the place and I believe he led the team in tackles in '08 and was third behind Stevens and Bynes this year before the injury. Feel free to correct me if that is wrong.

Last I looked,  Mel Kiper had him ranked 5th best rising SR saftey.

*** Corerection  4th best.

Archived