The Village was a bad movie

It wasn't a terrible movie, but it wasn't good. I saw nothing even remotely scary in the movie. "Signs" wasn't scary, but at least it had it's moments where it was eerie, ya know? Well, until the end with the ridiculous alien scene. Anyway, "The Village" had nothing of the sort. I still think it's a decent watch, but not great. However, it'll probably be the #1 movie in America this week. It was almost sold out when we went.

I'm not going to give the ending away, but has anyone that watched the movie think the ending was spoiled by one of the "major" plot twists?

Thats what I was guessing from reading the link. Kind of similar to an inside joke thing. Unless you know what to look for you won't see it.

Boy the reviews of this are pretty brutal.

Guest AuNuma1

I saw Borne Supremecy last night and it was definitely worth the money. Talk about an intense movie...

Also saw Spider Man II last week and while Doc Oc was a very cool villian, the movie was a dissapiontment over the first. Have to agree with BS about Peter Parker being a complete idiot without his tights on...the bumbling Peter Parker was overdone and there just wasn't enough Doc Oc.

I'm leaning toward the manchurian candidate. The reviews on it are really really good. I am getting a little burned out on denzel though.

I'm leaning toward the manchurian candidate. The reviews on it are really really good. I am getting a little burned out on denzel though.

I think Denzel's role in this one isnt that big...i could be wrong.

Was this a book 88? I dont remember. If it was, id like to read it first...

I think it was a book...the original movie came out in 1962 and it is supposed to be outstanding. I saw "Manchurian Candidate" last night and Denzel Washington plays a very prominent role in it. It wasn't an all-time great, but it was pretty good.

It is indeed a book...written by Richard Condon.

The reviews sound too good to be true and they are from top reviewers like rolling stone, ebert and roeper and such. Stuff like "You won't be able to exhale the last 30 minutes".

Denzels all over the previews. I like denzel it's just everytime I blink my eyes he has another movie out.

I couldnt find anything in it that was politcal. I think you would really have to read into it to see that.

I agree. If you look hard enough and twist things around I'm sure you could find something, but I didnt notice it.

Regarding the movie, it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. But I wasn't disappointed though.

Well you wouldn't have to twist anything around because m.night himself has admitted they are there and it was his intention to put them there. Just read the link on this page or the other thread whichever it is.

They are obviously very subtle since you guys didn't even notice. I wanna see the movie I might wait for the dvd myself.

I didn't know he admitted to it. I thought it was someone else's opinion of it. That's interesting, maybe if I knew about it before seeing the movie I would have looked for it.

I don't want to recommend the movie to ya, but I don't think it is bad either. It certainly isn't for everyone.

Archived